It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Question Candida of the intestines affecting the rest of the body?

Hi All:
Does anybody have an opinion on Candida of the intestines and candida effecting the rest of the body. I was diagnosed with candida a few years ago from a natural dr./chiropractor. He put me on anti-candida supplements and a very strict diet of no carbs. I jusg can't stick to that strict of a diet. My problems still continue after years. I have tried many natural remedies as well as Nystatin for an extended period of time. I have other issues similar to fibromyalgia type things. I am not sure if i am suffering from a true bad case of candida that is affecting my whole body or do i have IBS like the regular drs think i have some other issue that is causing me other symptoms that has not been diagnosed yet. I have been the homeopathic route and have taken tons of things and have not gotten better. I do have hashimotos/hypothroid also. That is a definite. I ahve been suffering with joint/muscle pain, lack of energy, stomach issues, tingling on the top of my head and neck pain, feeling spacy and off balance, pain underneath my arms if i press in, digestive problems (indigestion, nausea) chest pain, back pain (i do also have a hiatal hernia) and herniated disks in neck and lower back. The list goes on. I have been to every dr in the world. Including many homeopaths/kinesiologists/chiro. Nobody has helped me. I am still wondering if my whole problem can be candida. Any opinions? I would love answers. My life has been hell for almost 5 years. BTW, this all started with depression, od'ing on sugar and then i got a virus and never recovered. Been tested for Lyme also. Negative. Have done colonics, accupuncture, massage therapy, etc. to no avail. I also suffer from depression still and anxiety do to not knowing what is wrong with me. Thanks for listening. LaLa

Last edited by moderator2; 08-22-2010 at 11:23 PM. Reason: to make a new thread - please always start a new thread for your new question instead of posting on someone else's old thread

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: lala52
BrittleSweet (07-20-2011), kubla (12-12-2010)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #2
(female)

VA_girl HB User
Re: Homeopathy experience? - extended period of time (at least three months)

lala,
have you been tested for celiac? sounds like you have a lot of symptoms.

Old 08-22-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Homeopathy experience? - extended period of time (at least three months)

LaLa,
Sorry about your many problems!!

Here are my thoughts based on alot of experence with myself, friends and family.

Candida overgrowth/ yeast infections are extremely difficult to control and keep that way with a normal or somewhat normal diet-- I have found using coconut oil helps. It contains caprylic acid -a natrual candida/yeast killer. I use 1 teaspoon daily and a ThreeLac daily. This combination keeps candida overgrowth from causing other bodily problems that can be many.

Every cell in your body contains magnesium -- lacking it will result in cramping as well as spasms. Get tested to make sure your are not deficient.--- a homeopathic remedy -- Magnesia phos. 6X will help cramping & spasms in 30 minutes or so but will not cure the entire body from this deficiency-- hiatal hernia as well as any muscle cramping/spasms that is helped by warmth.

IBS is determined by the Rome III criteria that was established by Healthcare professionals world wide. I think you have to do the required seaching to determine if you have the necessary symptoms and if you have the Red Flags. Most Doctors know very little about the Rome criteria that was etablished in 1992 and last updated in 2006. I have read on the IBS board that a probiotic --VSL3 cured 95% IBS for a person that had it for 25 years.

I also suggest that you get your vitamin D 25-hydroxy tested(the test recommended for diagnosing vitamin D deficiency) -- being low can cause some issures that when discovered can be too late to treat. My wife has had to take 9,000IU daily since 5/2009 to get her level up to 40ng/mL from 16 but everyone is different. Different Labs have various normal levels but the latest is 50 to 80ng/mL is optimal. Where I live, the tests have been done in CA, MN, & Utah. I like many others think it is one of the forgotten vitamins.

I think you need to take digestive enzymes when you eat. I like and use Essential Enzymes from Source Naturals for normal meal and a small digestive aids for other meals.

I take all the vitamins-- A,Bs, Ester C, D3 & E, also chelated minerals from Sw***on calcium, magnesium, zinc, manganese, selenium, chromium.
Antioxididants-- Alpha Lipoic Acid, Grape seed extract and green phyto supplements daily. I also drink only steam distilled water.

I have never been depressed and so have little experience with it--- as well as some of the othe ailments you mentioned.

Another thing is to take a broad spectrum probiotic supplement. PB- 8 is pretty good.

I wish you well---Harry

Last edited by Harry; 08-23-2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: Typos

Old 08-23-2010, 05:20 AM   #4
(female)

leonap HB User
Re: Candida of the intestines affecting the rest of the body?

Hi.The symptoms you are describing can be anything at this point.So many illnesses overlap each other.I was just reading a book this morning called-CompleteCandidaYeast Guidebook (revised second addition).Evrything you need to know about prevention,treatment and diet.By-Jeanne Marie Martin with Zoltan P.Rona,M.D.It has all sorts of info,very easy to read.It might help you some.Hope you feel better. :0)

Old 09-04-2010, 10:10 AM   #5
(female)

KB5 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
Hi All:
Does anybody have an opinion on Candida of the intestines and candida effecting the rest of the body. I was diagnosed with candida a few years ago from a natural dr./chiropractor. He put me on anti-candida supplements and a very strict diet of no carbs. I jusg can't stick to that strict of a diet. My problems still continue after years. I have tried many natural remedies as well as Nystatin for an extended period of time. I have other issues similar to fibromyalgia type things. I am not sure if i am suffering from a true bad case of candida that is affecting my whole body or do i have IBS like the regular drs think i have some other issue that is causing me other symptoms that has not been diagnosed yet. I have been the homeopathic route and have taken tons of things and have not gotten better. I do have hashimotos/hypothroid also. That is a definite. I ahve been suffering with joint/muscle pain, lack of energy, stomach issues, tingling on the top of my head and neck pain, feeling spacy and off balance, pain underneath my arms if i press in, digestive problems (indigestion, nausea) chest pain, back pain (i do also have a hiatal hernia) and herniated disks in neck and lower back. The list goes on. I have been to every dr in the world. Including many homeopaths/kinesiologists/chiro. Nobody has helped me. I am still wondering if my whole problem can be candida. Any opinions? I would love answers. My life has been hell for almost 5 years. BTW, this all started with depression, od'ing on sugar and then i got a virus and never recovered. Been tested for Lyme also. Negative. Have done colonics, accupuncture, massage therapy, etc. to no avail. I also suffer from depression still and anxiety do to not knowing what is wrong with me. Thanks for listening. LaLa
Hi
Just want to let you guys know what cured my candida! A Quantronic Frequancy Treatment. Find out if there is something like that in your area. No pills no nothing. Just the machine working!
This realy worked for me.

Last edited by KB5; 09-04-2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Forgot to put my name in. I am KB5

Old 09-04-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

KB5:
Thanks so much for the info. I will look into it. The only thing is, i don't know for sure if candida is my problem. How do we really know?

Harry:
Thanks also for your reply. I have not been focusing on the candida for the moment because i fell last week and hurt my arm and knees. I am recovering from that. And then two days after my fall I bashed my pinky toe into my sons wheel of his suitcase that was sitting in the living room because he was getting ready to go back go college and i think i broke my toe. I have been in pain. But anyway, i will look into these things soon.
Thanks guys. Lets keep in touch. LaLa

Old 09-09-2010, 08:32 AM   #7
(female)

KB5 HB User
Smile Re: Candida of the intestines affecting the rest of the body?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
KB5:
Thanks so much for the info. I will look into it. The only thing is, i don't know for sure if candida is my problem. How do we really know?

Harry:
Thanks also for your reply. I have not been focusing on the candida for the moment because i fell last week and hurt my arm and knees. I am recovering from that. And then two days after my fall I bashed my pinky toe into my sons wheel of his suitcase that was sitting in the living room because he was getting ready to go back go college and i think i broke my toe. I have been in pain. But anyway, i will look into these things soon.
Thanks guys. Lets keep in touch. LaLa
Hi
You can let your doctor take a blood test to make sure if you have candida.
Blessings

Last edited by KB5; 09-09-2010 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling

Closed Thread