It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2010, 04:16 PM   #1
(male)

guestname HB User
Weird symptoms for 4 months... Candida?

Hey all,

I should start that I am a 24 yr old male. About 6'5", 200 lbs. The past four months I have been having some pretty weird symptoms that so far no doctor has been able to explain. My current internist I've been seeing believes he has it figured it out though. He claims it's all in my head and gave me an anti depressant to take before bed. Completely not believing this, I have obliged an taken the medication as directed for the past three weeks to see you no change at all.

Anyways, for the symptoms. They all started on one particular weekend involving heavy drinking. My forehead began to tingle and I felt generally unwell. However, I chalked this up to drinking more than I should have. Here I am four months later and it hasn't gone away. I should add that the previous 5 or so years I have drank my fair share of alcohol, especially in college. I have been experiencing a tingling numb forehead that goes down to my nose. Lately I have also had a tingling sensation, mainly in my right foot/leg. It's pretty constant, only varying in degree. Increased oil on my forehead, which has lead to acne I haven't had in ten years (I took tetracycline for about 3-4 years in high school). Random red spots which come and go on my upper abdomen. I can best describe these spots as looking like what a "pillow face" looks like. Just red. Nothing raised or itching like a rash. It's just a redness that comes and goes by the hour seemingly. I have been experiencing fatigue and tiredness, regardless of the amount of sleep. For instance, I got close to 9 hours of sleep last night and feel completely exhausted. I have had some added stress, basically stemming from the fact that I'm not feeling well and don't know why. So there has been some anxiety involved in that too. My stool has been somewhat irregular. At first it was really light in color and I had almost an empty feeling in my stomach and lack of appetite regardless of what I ate. That has subsided a little bit. The stool is starting to get some color back, but the conformity is still kind of weird. Initially I lost about ten-twelve pounds of which I have slowly started to gain back.

So far I have been tested negative for mono (I was in contact with a person who had mono about when I started to get sick), negative diabetes, negative lyme, negative chlamydia, negative hiv, negative gon., urine tests have come back fine, negative for celiac. I had an upper and lower scope done, of which nothing was found. I had a ct scan done of my abdomen and everything came back fine. I recently had my doctor check my vitamin levels, all of which he said have come back fine. He didn't tell me the vitamin levels exactly so I am going to go in tomorrow to get my results in paper form. I have recently had a liver function test done. The only abnormality was an elevated ALT of 60. So far that number is the only indication I have of what could be wrong.

Sometimes I get little yeast looking things on the toilet paper after a bowel movement and sometimes can see it in the stool. I brought this up to my gastro and he claimed it was nothing to worry about because the colonoscopy looked fine. I brought up yeast and candida to my internist and he had no idea of what I was talking about.

Does anybody have any ideas? Stress? Liver problem? Candida? I really don't have a clue and my doctors haven't been of much help at all, except to rack up my health bills. I realize all of my problems can be chalked up to stress, but I feel like the only stress and anxiety I have it over the way I feel. Thanks.

Edit: I also experience quite a bit of belching regardless of what I eat and just get gas in general out of both ends.

Last edited by guestname; 11-10-2010 at 04:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
(male)

guestname HB User
Re: Weird symptoms for 4 months..Candida?

Keep in mind that I am not self diagnosing myself with candida or anything else. My doctors aren't worried about it, but I just thought I would bring it up to get some ideas. In all actuality it could be stress. Or it could be my liver from drinking. The truth is I have no idea. And neither do my doctors, which has been very frustrating. Like I said, the only indication I have of anything is the ALT level.

Old 06-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #3
(male)

Minipadre HB User

Hi,

I am also experiencing some of what you have been going through. I have a laundry list of symptoms that even doctors at Stanford have not been able to put a finger on. Like you, I am sure they are chalking it up to anxiety and stress.

I am anxious, but that's because I feel like any day now I could take a severe turn for the worst. The anxiety began after i began to feel ill. I am now treating myself for systemic candida hoping that I will show signs of improvement in the future.

It is awfully frustrating when you know there is something wrong and the doctors just want you to stop bugging them. However, I bet if they lived a minute in our shoes it would be a different story.

The main things I am experiencing are extremely, extremely weak legs and arms. I also have a hard time concentrating and paying attention. It feels like my brain is constantly "flooded" "underwater" or in a "fog." I cannot sleep. I was prescribed ambien but really do not enjoy taking it. I wake up after about 2-3 hours of sleep and never, never feel adequately rested.

I am a student, 21 year old male, and was about to graduate until this hit me. It hit me about 2 weeks before a cruise in a panic attack after smoking marijuana. I have since stopped smoking. 2 weeks later i drank heavily on the cruise. I ended up seeing the doctor on the boat on the cruise because the drinking sent me overboard. Since then I just have not felt like myself.

I was about 165 pounds 10 weeks ago. Since then I have been unable to exercise or do anything really. I am currently down to 148 pounds. It has not been fun. For a long time I would be bloated, gassy, and am still extremely constipated.

Another thing that I get are pain in my body, i have learned to ignore them, or else they would rule my life.

MUSCLE TWITCHING has been severe. I will just be sitting around and random muscles (not at the same time) will spasm. They usually contract anywhere from 3-10 times. Then it goes away.

My tongue looks like it has a furry white blanket on it, and I constantly have bad breath.

Anyway, those are some of my symptoms. Do any of them sound similar to yours? When I drank or smoke heavily, I would get a very fuzzy patch in my chest. Like 1000 ants over the left side of my breastbone were going crazy. I can't explain it, but am curious if it is similar to your head feeling.

Let me know if any of your sx match up with mine. Hope you get better. IF I were you I would recommend seeing a naturopath, western medicine may continue to fail both of us.

I know what its like to have someone say its all in your head. Remember its called "practicing" medicine for a reason.

Best wishes.

Old 06-05-2011, 07:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Intestinal Candida can cause numerous symptoms ( just look it up). One of you has a white furry tongue, the other stomach issues both of which can relate to Candida. I have suffered from Oral Candida for yrs and feel sure its in my intestines as well. Of course you could both have something completely different. Unfortunately Drs seem to want to hide in the cupboard when you mention Candida, my own Dr just Pooh Poohed it.. The strange thing is when she gave me NYTATIN ORAL SOLUTION which is a Candida treatment, both my stomach and mouth got better. Unfortunately it comes back and there is a very rigid diet to stick to for any chance of a cure. A naturopathic Dr would deal with this in a different way. I wish us all well, Solofelix.

Old 08-20-2012, 12:47 PM   #5
(male)

Ado89 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minipadre View Post
Hi,

I am also experiencing some of what you have been going through. I have a laundry list of symptoms that even doctors at Stanford have not been able to put a finger on. Like you, I am sure they are chalking it up to anxiety and stress.

I am anxious, but that's because I feel like any day now I could take a severe turn for the worst. The anxiety began after i began to feel ill. I am now treating myself for systemic candida hoping that I will show signs of improvement in the future.

It is awfully frustrating when you know there is something wrong and the doctors just want you to stop bugging them. However, I bet if they lived a minute in our shoes it would be a different story.

The main things I am experiencing are extremely, extremely weak legs and arms. I also have a hard time concentrating and paying attention. It feels like my brain is constantly "flooded" "underwater" or in a "fog." I cannot sleep. I was prescribed ambien but really do not enjoy taking it. I wake up after about 2-3 hours of sleep and never, never feel adequately rested.

I am a student, 21 year old male, and was about to graduate until this hit me. It hit me about 2 weeks before a cruise in a panic attack after smoking marijuana. I have since stopped smoking. 2 weeks later i drank heavily on the cruise. I ended up seeing the doctor on the boat on the cruise because the drinking sent me overboard. Since then I just have not felt like myself.

I was about 165 pounds 10 weeks ago. Since then I have been unable to exercise or do anything really. I am currently down to 148 pounds. It has not been fun. For a long time I would be bloated, gassy, and am still extremely constipated.

Another thing that I get are pain in my body, i have learned to ignore them, or else they would rule my life.

MUSCLE TWITCHING has been severe. I will just be sitting around and random muscles (not at the same time) will spasm. They usually contract anywhere from 3-10 times. Then it goes away.

My tongue looks like it has a furry white blanket on it, and I constantly have bad breath.

Anyway, those are some of my symptoms. Do any of them sound similar to yours? When I drank or smoke heavily, I would get a very fuzzy patch in my chest. Like 1000 ants over the left side of my breastbone were going crazy. I can't explain it, but am curious if it is similar to your head feeling.

Let me know if any of your sx match up with mine. Hope you get better. IF I were you I would recommend seeing a naturopath, western medicine may continue to fail both of us.

I know what its like to have someone say its all in your head. Remember its called "practicing" medicine for a reason.

Best wishes.
My Story is very simlilar to both you guys. My symptoms oddly started after being a heavy drinker or smoker in college I would say around the age of 21 or 22. Im 23 now and everything is getting worse. I started to see the doctor when I got the white furry tounge and what was thrush as diagnosed by a doctor and shortly afterwards I developed chronic sinutus and random muscle twitches and rashes everywhere. Of course I was worried that I might have gotten something so I had a full std panel. All was negative. I even tested for HIV for 3 months straight until I was 2 mos outside the window period. It was still negative but I still had the symptoms. Nothing worked but a regimen I was on with Diflucan, vitamin supplements and changing up my diet. However that improvement went out the window when I started my old nasty habits of drinking again. Now Im getting constant persistent rashes, burning skin sensations that sometimes leaves a mark. My skin healing has slowed down dramtically and the condition of my skin is dry and flaky. I have developed what looks like folliticus but I have no idea. I did some research and I have found that candida overgrowth can wreak havoc on your immune system and overall health but the docs just thinks its all in your head and they just recommended me to see a healthcare professional. I have a whole laundry list of other symptoms such as brain fog but dont feel like typing it all. If you guys come up with some treatments our some new knowledge please share.

Old 08-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Hi All:

I have a very similar story. Mine all started with getting a really bad cold and cough and went on one round of antibiotics and it was all over for me. This was almost 8 yrs ago and I am still sick. After the initial cold and cough I started to have CFS type of symptoms and also very heavy arms and legs. Then a few months later i started with a weekend bout of diarrhea and then chronic chronic gas that has almost not stopped for all these years. I did got\ on the candida diet and took supplements through a natural dr and it did help temporarily but as soon as I went back to regular eating i was back to the chronic gas. I felt overall sick for many years. Aches and pains everywhere. Feeling that i can't get a cleansing breath, chest pains, etc etc. I could write a book.Even occasionally i got low grade fevers. Also underarm pain. I have been to every dr known to man. From gastro, to cardiologist, rheumys, neurologists, ents, and many more including tons of natural drs. About three years into this whole thing I started with neuro symptoms. Tingling on the top of head, neck pain, eye twitching, a feeling of being off balance, almost like I am walking on a slant, head pressure that i feel my head is going to explode, sounds in left ear, some slight ear pain and many more symptoms that I can't think of right now. Lots of lyme type symptoms. I have been tested over and over again for Lyme. You name it, I have been tested for it. The natural drs feel I have a yeast overgrowth. The problem is that there really is not a good test for it. I know that I should be very strong and go on the diet for a long period of time plus supplements to see if I get resolve. If I do, then i will know it is candida. But until then, i keep searching for answers. I also have hashimotos which can cause some issues. I am on meds for it but we don't have the hashimotos under control yet. The hyprothyroidism is under control. I still feel like maybe I have lyme and candida. But can;t get an answer. My story goes on and on but i have to go to the gym now. i push myself to do that. Hope everybody gets some answers soon so that we can all get well. Ttul. LaLa

Old 08-21-2012, 11:31 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
If you think it may be Candida then I can tell you what helped me.
I suffered Oral-Candida and I have no doubt it was intestinal as well as like you I had many similar symptoms.
First I took a course of Nystatin for one week. I then went onto Grapefruit Seed Extract (8drops) in water x 2 per day. I then did some of the Candida diet but must say at this point that I eliminated all forms of sugar (Sugar is an absolute NO-NO) it is deadly for Candida.
I continued this for four weeks, very difficult!!... But it worked and my mouth and stomach felt great.
Just lately I have slipped up with the sugar and have am paying the price again but for me it was definitely the sugar that was causing my Candida. Needless to say I have gone back to NO SUGAR!!... and hope to see results again soon.
Everyone is different and may have to try other options but this is what worked for me.
Good Luck to all Candida sufferers,

Solofelix.

Old 09-28-2012, 11:35 AM   #8
(female)

Deitab HB User

I found out that I have candida... which is VERY obvious if you look at your tongue. I told my doc that I was having sugar cravings like mad, and the first thing he said is let me see your tongue. Oh, well you have candida that's why. It feeds on sugar. He prescribed "Candida Formula" which can be found online for $25. Hope this helps!

Closed Thread