It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User
Red face Drug resistant thrush! Please help

I have had trush for at least 6 months, but believe I have had it over a year, maybe 2. I have tried all the common meds (3-4 of them) with no progress, and am in the whole around $1,000! The diflucan worked when I was put on the load dose, but slowly came back for the rest of the treatment! I have dental work that needs done, namely a crown and several filling. the dentist said this would not give me thrush most likely, and wanted to send me to a oral surgeon, because he thinks i have dry mouth. Im at a total loss here, and now i think my lymph node are swollen, YES I HAVE BEEN TESTED FOR HIV numerous times! any ideas people?! next step is ketoconazole

Old 11-17-2010, 01:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Drug resistant thrush! Please help

Caprylic Acid that come from coconut oil is an anti candida agent --- and coconut oil is also.

I have used Garden of Life because of its taste---

I think it is worth a try.

Harry

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-17-2010, 04:37 PM   #3
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User

thanx ill look into it from the health store...im on probiotics...with little improvement...I did have a crappy high sugar diet for years, but so do most people my age...im 26 just very odd im dealing with this in my opinion!

Old 11-17-2010, 07:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Have you been tested for diabeties? Specific immune deficiencie (other than HIV/AIDS) - there must be a reason this is happening,

Maybe you need Diflucan or one of the other azole antifungals at a higher dose than you have taken in the past, these are generaly considered the gold standard for treating systemic candidasis.

Taking Probiotics can be helpful if the dose is high enough - taking them with a dose of Inulin (Metamucil Fibre Sure is one common brandname) can provide the good bacteria with food to grow, so they proliferate in the gut.

A daily multivitamin, zinc, selenium, vitamons c and e can all boost the immune system..... Twinlab Daily two is a very high potency multivitamon that might be worth a try.

Last edited by jonnstar; 11-17-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Old 11-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #5
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User

I have not had any lab testing for sugar, but did take my resting blood sugar on my own with a bloods sugar test, its was like 115 which is normal. I feel completely normal other than this...Just confusing to me and concerning

Closed Thread