It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2010, 05:20 AM   #1
(female)

tbokry79 HB User
Unhappy Constipation and Candida... What to do?!

Hi All!
I posted this same message on the bowel disorder board, but have had no responses. So I was hoping someone here would be able to help me.

I have had issues with slow bowels for years. But, my issue was always mainly constipation. So for the last few years I have taken probiotics and digestive enzymes and would go like clock work. Well, recently it all changed. I have had some issues with reoccurant vaginal yeast infections and coincidentally really bad constipation. I went to my dr and he ruled out celiacs but then gave me amitiza for the chronic constipation, and gave me diflucan 2 weeks worth for the yeast as it keeps coming back.
I have been watching my sugar intake and eating lots of fruits and vegetables along with at least a gallon of water daily. I am also taking a herbal cleanse for yeast including oil of oregano and yest/fungal detox. I currently take probiotics as well.

The last few weeks the stool is soft, but I am straining to go. When I do go it is very soft and comes out like in a tube. I never truly feel the "pressure" to go and it seems I am always straining. My stomach feels so full that I constantly have indigestion. I have in the last month gained close to 10 lbs and am honestly miserable. I have had some lower right quadrant pain (only when pressure is applied though) and my stomach aside from the fullness and indigestion does not hurt. Along with the amitiza I have taken miralax with no real results. The stool stays soft and doesn't seem to want to come out.

So here is my question could I have a chronic yeast situation that would be causing the stool issue? I keep thinking I have an obstruction or something along that line but I have no pain. I see the gastro dr but not until dec 16th and I am really fruistrated.

I have been doing all of this for about 6 weeks. I am very frustrated as to why the yeast infections keep coming back along with the constipation. If it were candida wouldn't the diet and antifungals be helping by now?

Any thoughts anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2010, 01:20 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User
Re: Constipation and Candida... What to do?!

2 weeks of Diflucan would have killed off 99.9% of the thrush in your gut, and your probiotics should be keeping it that way.

Have you tried taking Metamucil twice a day.... as well as being a fibre supplement which will help you to go, it actualy serves as a food for your probiotics, increasing their effectiveness.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:48 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

With some people it takes a long time. Have tea tree oil losenges been tried? Walking in the sun? Do you use a lot of meats, dairy, eggs, white flour products, snacks, crackers, dried foods? Those can constipate a person. When a person sees the gastro guy they might try to ask for a Candida Antibody titre to see how much is there. It is possible that it could be in the gut and reproductive system in my opinion if that is what you have.

Old 11-19-2010, 01:59 PM   #4
(female)

Misssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB UserMisssty HB User

I don't know if your going to listen. But, I have really good advice for you and you seem like the type (since you went out and bought probiotics, and basically anything else to help)...that I wanted to post. I read the heading of your post and I thought...OMG...how uncomfortable. I struggled with bowel problems my whole life. I would go to the toilet 1 time a week and before that....the bloating, being uncomfortable, which ultimately made me cranky with everyone and just generally not feeling well. I would complain weekly to my parents (I'm 46 and I go to see my parents every weekend). Anyway...my DAD...who is 72...always has said to me jokingly...Well, if you would drink Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey everyday you wouldn't have this problem....he would say "I go everyday like clockwork". I rolled my eyes at this comment for about 10 years. Then about a year ago..I introduced my new boyfriend to my family...and my father mentioned this Apple Cider Vinegar and Honey remedy (because he said he forgot his daily "dose" and was asking us if we wanted some). I rolled my eyes...and I said I would try it because my boyfriend tried it. I thought it was VERY TANGY...and I was saying oh gross. My boyfriend liked the taste of it...asked my father how to make the concoction...and he started making it at home (not for bowel movements, but for general health)...if you look up the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) there are many (it also acts like an antibiotic). Anyway, I was struggling with going to the bathroom that week and my boyfriend was doing a shot of this every night...convinced me to take a shot everyday....on the 2nd day...in the morning when I woke up I had a normal bowel movement (which to me, means NO STRAINING...no TRYING...I felt like I had to go and I went easily. I continued to drink the stuff for the past year...I go to the bathroom everyday...BUT, if I miss a dose or 2....(a dose is like a shot glass full)...than I can't go to the bathroom again. My boyfriend uses a quart sized container...he pours 1/4 Apple Cider Vinegar (the kind you buy on line..its like 12 bucks for a 5 gallon container, it HAS to be the kind that is dark and has the "mother" in it...BRAGGS). He warms up, I would say 1 cup and 1/2 of HONEY...then fills the rest of the container with warm water...So, its 3 parts....1 part Vinegar....1 part honey and the rest Water. Shakes it up until it is all blended...then refrigerates and we do shots all week. This is really the solution and if you look up the benefits of Apple Cider Vinegar I think you will find that it will also straighten out your yeast problems because it balances the pH in our bodies. I noticed something else within the last few months also....This yogurt...which most people don't like and it is expensive "Chobonai" - I don't know if the spelling is right...but I was off the ACV for a while due to laziness and I was eating the Chobani yogurt and I noticed that I was going to the bathroom...Chobani is really good for you...the taste is not great...but you can become accustomed to it. Try one of those things or both..and I can promise you that you will see results. Or roll your eyes...like I did for 10 years and continue to have bowel problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to Misssty For This Useful Post:
Dyusten (01-02-2012)
Old 11-19-2010, 02:15 PM   #5
(female)

tbokry79 HB User

Thank you all for your advice. i have not tried the tea tree or acv but they are worth a try. I am very frustrated and I keep doing the yeast diet but am still have symptoms with the female department. I am starting to wonder if it is yeat at all. I would think after all the different treatments and diet I would be starting to feel better. I have been tested for diabetes, celiacs, autoimmune, and HIV and everything has been negative; so I am at a loss why I can't get rid of it.

Any other thoughts are always appreciated. Thank you again.

Old 11-19-2010, 06:30 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

You could try douching with diluted Betadine, 1:20

This kills off candida, and any non candida yeasts as well, that might be causing problems.

Old 11-30-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
(female)

Brownsugar1 HB User

I had suffered from candida before and thrush, I tried everything but nothing helped. Eventually I went to do allergy test, that's where I got answers from, I was allergic to some of the foods I was eating and I had cut it off from my diet and everything went clear without taking any medication.

Closed Thread