It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2010, 03:05 PM   #1
(male)

Juslqqkin HB User
Oral thrush refuses to go away... please help!

I believe I had thrush since almost 2 years ago when I go my tounge pierced, it got infected, or I got from over use of listerine while I was healing from it...well since im a guy I ignored it til april of this year when I have a HIV scare...Well I have tested neg every single month since then with one blood test, and one finger stick rapid test and the rest all rapid test... all are negative! so I should be the clear for that...My question is why hasnt it gone away!? Ive been on lozenes, nystatin, difucon NO PROGRESS~! The diflucin worked when I was on the load dose and when I went down to the normal daily dose it came back while i was on the medication!!! then tried another course of it and no im totally immune to that form of medcation! Im at wits end and hope to see a doctor soon for another opinion...Did i just wait to long and need some sort of STRONG meds? I feel sompletely fine other that this

But when U have constant dry mouth and it flares up and looks horrible sometime it enough to scare the scrap outta u! any advice or has anyone had this problem before?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-30-2010, 08:32 PM   #2
(female)

justagirl70 HB User
Re: Oral thrush refuses to go away...please help!

Have you ever tried any natural treatments to get rid of yeast? Thanks God that your HIV scare was just that, a scare, and hopefully you won't ever be in that position again! I am somewhat immune compromised secondary to diabetes, and I can get yeast infections easier than the average person because of that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2011, 01:56 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Buy some betadine (povidone iodine solution), mix 5ml in 50ml of warm water, and rinse the mouth for one minute twice a day

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 03-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User

I have found that using coconut oil has a natrual ingredient that kills candida.

It works!!!---

Last edited by Harry; 03-01-2011 at 08:33 AM.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Harry For This Useful Post:
daisy2012 (04-18-2012), railey (11-04-2012)
Old 04-18-2012, 06:40 PM   #5
(female)

daisy2012 HB User

You can gargle with salt water or peroxide and water. It will help some, but it will only treat the area temporarily. There really isn't a way to kill yeast, and it is naturally occurring in our bodies, so I guess we don't want to.

Other ideas, brush your tongue when you do your teeth. I usually spend more time on my tongue than my teeth, actually. Even when it's not white, the yeast is still there. I have clear blisters and they are all the way down the back of my throat. You know if the yeast starts in the gut and it is also in the mouth, it is everywhere in between.

Once you've had a yeast infection of any kind, it is my firm belief that when you treat it, the yeast leaves the area you treat and moves to another area. I can't prove it, but having been fighting this battle for over 30 years, I'm pretty sure I'm right on this.

If you can get a doctor, more than likely an alternative dr., to prescribe pure nystatin, in powder form, you will find some relief. I took it for years, and then thought I was ok enough to stop, but I wasn't and I wish I'd never let that prescription lapse. Now I have to basically start over. If you can't, caprylic acid is pretty good, but much, much slower working. The nystatin works on contact, but the caprylic acid has to build up in your system (like any nutritional supplement).

BTW, I had yeast so bad in the beginning (well, when I first realized what it was) that I was thought to have had aids, too. Scared me half to death. They did the test on Friday, that was the longest weekend of my life.

This crazy little fungi can reek absolute havoc on a human!! Best of luck to you in finding some relief.

Old 10-16-2012, 12:10 AM   #6
(female)

mmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB Usermmisty HB User

My newborn developed thrush. Antibiotic didn't work (used several bottles). Finally an old peditrician recommened gentin violet. It worked! Yes, you will have a blue tongue when you use it, but it is worth it. Its otc.

Old 11-04-2012, 03:08 AM   #7
(female)

railey HB User

Going to try the coconut oil, see how it goes.

Closed Thread