It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2011, 07:47 AM   #1
(female)

GG333 HB User
Unhappy Overwhelmed...

I've been fighting yeast since Oct 2010 when I took the first Diflucan pill. I also took it December when my cramping came back. A visit to the gyno also tested positive. I took 5 pills in 5 days in January, I just went back to the gyno the other day and I still have it. (I have no symptoms that other women typically have, so it's hard to catch early.)

In reading all the advice online, I'm totally overwhelmed with all this... can anyone offer any advice on beginning? I have 2 Diflucan pills, and I want to do this right so I don't have a recurrence. The first time when I went off all sugar and carbs I got SO sick, I thought I was dying. I've since found Propel to add to my water, as I despise plain old water and wasn't drinking enough. I was eating ALOT of sugar previously.

The gyno said I didn't even need to limit my sugar intake, which I thought bizarre. I have probiotics, the diflucan, and can much easily go off all sugar as I've been avoiding it as much as possible. I think I crashed my blood sugar last time, I cut down too drastically. Anyone done this successfully? Thanks so much!

Old 01-30-2011, 08:54 PM   #2
(female)

determined2help HB User
Smile Re: Overwhelmed...

I hear ya...I was in your same boat for the entire 2009-2010 year. I was getting them monthly...It was really frustrating. I would have to tell you I am not sure what your status is and I don't mean to get personal but I will say that the one thing that totally stopped my Vaginal Problems was making sure I was using Condoms. I have had the same bf for 2 years and was not having sex at all for 4 years prior)Sometimes I think just someone else's body can cause them. I also will have to say a month worth of the acidophilus from the pharmacy has helped me a lot. You can actually be immune to DIFLUCAN after using it a lot! My Gyno told me to stop using tampons also. He is a male and it was funny he told me more about my body than I knew. Yeast grows more when there is a tampon in. Who would have thought. I also was on birth control and I would say getting off that also helped me get rid of vaginal itching. I was experiencing it and I didnt even have a yeast infection. I WAS ALLERGIC! I was getting itchy from it! I hope any of this helps you! I did me and I could'nt be happier now that I am cured! Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2011, 06:44 AM   #3
(female)

GG333 HB User
Re: Overwhelmed...

Well, I'm wondering how to do a cleanse and/or starvation of the yeast, since I suspect it's 'all through me' as one practitioner told me. I'm not concentrating on the lower region only. She said it comes from my intestines.

As for partners, the midwife told me he could just use some anti-fungal powder or cream to insure I didn't give it to him. You're right, you have to think of everything. It could be soap, perfume or powders causing it also. *SIGH*

Old 01-31-2011, 06:51 AM   #4
(female)

determined2help HB User

I also read a book called Candida cure! It really helped get an idea of what can cause yeast. Even though I know that there are anti-fungle creams out there...becareful. They can cause cancer! Yeah...I was ****** when I found that out. Even if I dont have sex for a month and get cured of the yeast and I know my boyfriend is not with anyone else. Its like a infection will just come back! Its annoying! Well I hope you figure it out cause I still hope I dont get anymore for a long time! They suck!

Old 02-01-2011, 02:55 PM   #5
(female)

rosiecheeks12 HB User

I have been dealing with the same issue for over a year. I finally went to a uro/gynocologist. One of the first things she told me was that Diflucan does not kill all yeast infections. The main thing besides sugars to stay away from is caffeine. She actually put me on Boric Acid capsules that you insert in your vagina in the PM. You can only get this by prescription and a compounding pharmacy has to make them. I had to use them for two weeks and my yeast infection is gone and I'm hoping it will not come back. She did say that probiotics are also very important.Good luck!

Old 02-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

I had yeast problems for years nothing helped. FinallyIi saw a new GYN who prescribed boric acid capsules. They do have to be compounded for you but it worked!And a prescription is needed.

Old 02-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #7
(female)

GG333 HB User

that's interesting what you last two had to say, because I've been looking into caprylic acid as a treatment. I'll have to look up boric acid, thanks!

Man, I am really overwhelmed with all this... oh, did you guys change your diet when you took the boric acid?

Last edited by Administrator; 02-24-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:26 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

gardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB Usergardenandcats HB User

No I did not change my diet at all..I really urge you to ask your Gyn about prescribing the Boric Acid suppositories. I was very skeptical myself ..But it sure did the trick...Once in awhile i might get a yeast problem and just use the Boric acid suppositiories and it clears right up. They do sell these OTC online\ but it also has other things added to it.Just run a search Boric Acid supposorities you will find them
You can even make them up yourself. Buy empty capsules and a high grade Boric Acid and fill the caps yourself if your doc won't precribe them for you one morning and one nightly usually two weeks will do the trick.They have afew sites online that tell you howe to make them a sell the capsules and boric acid very cheaply..

Last edited by gardenandcats; 02-06-2011 at 09:00 PM.

Old 02-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #9
(female)

GG333 HB User

Thanks... I gave up trying to figure out what to eat, and I couldn't find any other remedies so I just took the 2 Diflucan. Hopefully it'll work. I'm avoiding as much sugar and carbs as I can, but not being fanatic about it. But still...

Closed Thread