It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2011, 01:49 PM   #1
(female)

zipster HB User
confused is this candida?

I have had m.e/cfs for 10yrs but the last few years i have got new symptoms. My back/neck and spine ache,i have head swings,fatigue and i kept getting an itchy rash in various parts of my body. The doctor didnt know what the rash was so sent me to a dermatolagist but it took months to see him and of course when i went the rash was in its calming down phase. He didnt know really and said hives. I have also started getting itchy blisters on my toes that drive me mad scratching in bed at night. The doctor said athletes foot that had became infected and gave me antibiotics and cream.It did improve but not totally and a few month later its back and worse.I have just been back to the docs and she has gave me fluconazle and daktrin. I am confused as i didnt think a fungal infection was blisters. Also when its going my toes go a purple/blue colour where the blisters have been.Does this sound like candida?

Old 02-03-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
(female)

zipster HB User
Re: confused is this candida?

Nobody any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-11-2011, 02:20 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Zipster:
I never heard of candida skin rash turning that color. The dr can biopsy the skin to see if it is a fungus. Did the meds help? usually for a fungal skin infection they give you an antifungal cream. How are things now? I know people with CFS suffer with candida. Do you have any other symptoms of candida, like stomach issues? Hope you are better. LaLa

Old 02-11-2011, 04:26 AM   #4
(female)

zipster HB User

Hi lala i think i have spoke to you before. I have found out the itchy blisters on my toes were chilblains. I still think i have a candida problem as i have awful fatigue,joint and muscle aches and pains,nose is always stuffy etc etc so i have cut sugar out of my diet and trying grapeseed extract and caprylic acid.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:50 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zipster:
Yes. We have spoken before. I guess we are still both suffering or else we would not be on the board. How are you doing with the new diet and the supplements? I have been on many supplements for candida and the diet. I am still sick. The problem is that we don't really know if we have candida. I think if we new, we would be able to treat it better. Let me know if these things help. There are so many different supplements out there for candida. Do you have any stomach issues? I have chronic gas in addition to the other problems that you mentioned. I eat healthy but i am not presently on the candida diet. It is a very hard diet to be on. I stopped all my supplements for the moment because i am having other issues and I don't know what end is up. I am having very bad tingling all over my body and a bad balance problem. I am in the midst of going to another neurologist. Possible MS or Lyme or some other infection. Who knows. My MRI of the brain showed white matter and ischemia. I also have popping in my ears and lots of pressure in the head. I went to an ENT and he thinks the balance issue is neurological and not related to my ears. I am not sure yet if i agree with him. I am a nervous wreck. Anyway, keep me posted on your situation. LaLa

Old 02-11-2011, 09:39 AM   #6
(female)

zipster HB User

I am also suffering with tingling in various parts of my body but mainly my arms. I also wake during the night with numb fingers as well. My head feels like i am rocking on a boat with a real foggy head and headaches.Also i go through phases of not being able to sleep because i feel panicky to not being able to get enough sleep. I was feeling relatively ok for about 4 months but i have declined again since christmas. I know what you mean about if we knew for sure what was really wrong we could treat it appropiately but its like stabbing in the dark at various things hoping we stumble upon something that helps.

Old 02-11-2011, 08:38 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zipster:
I can't bellieve we have some similar things. I sometimes wake up in the middle of the night with both hands that fell asleep. I have never had that before.It is a new thing. The feeling of imbalance in driving me crazy. It is hard to function. And the head feeling heavy and full is terrible and the tingling. Do you think your situation is related to CFS? or what about fibro. Do you have that? Have you been to a neurologist? How are your supplements working out? Any change? It is 11:37 pm here and i am falling asleep. Talk to you another time.LaLa

Old 02-12-2011, 06:58 AM   #8
(female)

zipster HB User

I dont know whats related to cfs or fibro. When you start reading candida websites they say alot of people diagnosed with these have a candida problem and yeast can cause all the same symptoms.I get all kinds of weird tingling/burning sensations. What did you try for the candida? Did you diet and try antifungals?
Yea i know what you mean about the head thing i hate it feeling off balance and not being able to think clearly.I also get sore joints/muscles and my back and shoulders ache.
Do you have good spells or do you stay the same? Thats what baffles me because i can feel loads better for a few month then wham everything gradually creeps back. Its a weird illness.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:31 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zipster:
I used to have spells of feeling better. i don't anymore. I have not felt good since probably about June. The balance thing and the tingling is the worst now. I go through spells of feeling like i can't get out of bed. I get out but i have to push myself. I am better with that at the moment. As far as antifungals. i have taken ones that natural drs have given me. They were pharmaceutical grade supplements that i don't know anymore what they specifically were called but you can't buy those specific ones in a store. There are so many different supplements that help to kill candida. you have to go to a good health food store and ask a knowledgeable worker for help. A trained person.You also have to eat no carbs at all for a very long time. I find it impossible. I know that i have candida because i have chronic gas. It is really bad all the time. I know that my candida is not as flared, when the gas is not as bad. I eat healthy, and I am low carb but I am not no carb. I know i have to go on the no carb diet but i don't want to. There is no life on that diet. I like to have a few drinks on the weekend and I also love going out to a good restaurant once a week or even once every two weeks and i like eating the bread at the restaurants. Also i have a sweet tooth. A piece of dark chocolate is good but not on a candida diet. I also like to munch on something other then veggies. I eat popcorn. That is also no good. I also like to eat fruit which is not good for candida. Like I said, there is no life on this diet. But then again, there is no life feeling sick either. But i don't think our whole problem is candida, so if we got rid of that would be still feel sick? Probably. Well anyway, i am still in bed at 9:30 am. I have to drag my butt out and make my coffee (which is also not allowed on the diet) and start my day. Tomorrow is valentines day and we are going out for dinner tonight instead. I will be having all the wrong foods tonight and will probably feel sicker tomorrow. Do you celebrate Valentines Day in the UK or is that an american holiday? Take are and talk to you laler. LaLa

Old 02-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Zipster:
Anything new with you? I went to another dr who thinks i have leaky gut leaky vessel syndrome. I am completely confused by it all. I understand leaky gut but the vessel thing i am totally confused about. Anyway she has me taking some new supplements. Glutamine 500 mg 3 x 1 a day. N-acetyl cysteine 500 mg 3 x 1 day, kyolic 1 a day and homocysteine 1/day. Also a very strong probiotic and liquid nystatin for i think only two weeks. I dont know if this is going to do the trick. I am desperate. I will try it for 3 months. I also have another neuro appt at the end of March. Fill me in with your update. LaLa

Closed Thread