It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 05:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Candida/Chronic Gas

Does anybody with candida have chronic gas? Everyday, for almost all day? I don't know whether this is candida or IBS or some other problem. The gastro. dr feels it is IBS, but they are not believers of candida. I would love to know if other people have this problem. Lala

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2011, 02:45 PM   #2
(female)

Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User
Re: Candida/Chronic Gas

lala52,

It certainly causes gas with me as well. I am currently on a daily regiment of duflucan once a day, and Interfase Plus, as well as Oxyperm three times a day to help clear this stuff up. What I have found challenging was to avoid sugar and that's in just about everything!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Looking4aAnswer:
Thanks for the info. I am just wondering what symptoms you have and how do you know for sure that your have candida? Also, the products you are taking are good. Did you get them from a dr? Also what is the dosage of diflucan? I have been sick for many years with a million symptoms. I have been on and off different supplements all given to me by natural drs. I never get total resolve, but then again I don't stay off of sugar long enough. I have a very good diet at meal time but it is the in between that can be a problem. I like my sweets and also I like to snack. I usually go for the popcorn. I buy organic popcorn made with olive oil, but it is still a carb. Also, on the weekends if I go out i like to have a few drinks. The diet is impossible. I can't take it. Talk soon. LaLa

Old 03-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
(female)

Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User

Hi lala52,

I know I have it because I've been experiencing digestive problems for quite some time. This was officially diagnosed a year ago, but I kept putting it off, thinking it would go away on its' own - wishful thinking. =) So, I had a week between classes and decided to take the 'plunge' and do whatever I need to in order to get rid of it.

The diagnosis was done by sending 'samples' to the lab and my ARNP is also a naturopath and she prescribed the meds. The Diflucan is 150 mg., but you'll find the dosage level may vary with different Drs.

I was told to be prepared for feeling miserable and I haven't so far. Watch, it's probably building up and will hit me like a ton of bricks with the nausea, dizziness, etc. To be honest, I haven't been able to stay away from sugar completely myself. There is some sugar in just about everything and I have a weakness for these cookies and filling. I'm trying to stay away from them, but otherwise, I've cut down considerably on sugar in comparison to what I used to eat.

I found it interesting that the ARNP said many of her patients aren't able to stick it out for a month because they feel so miserable. So far, it hasn't been that bad. I state that as I knock on wood. =)

Last edited by Looking4aAnswer; 03-01-2011 at 09:52 PM. Reason: Typo =(

Old 03-02-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Simpelest way to know is to treat for diagnosis:

Diflucan (fluconazole) 200mg on the forst day, then 100mg once a day for 4 weeks

If the symptoms go away, then its almost certain it was candida. If they dont go away, its almost certain that it WASNT candida.

Taking a daily probiotic is also a good idea during the diflucan treatment, and after as well, for a period of time

Even if your doctor doesnt "beleive" in candida, tell him diflucan is both cheap and safe, and try and get a script, it will answer your question once and for all

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 03-02-2011, 05:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jonnstar:

Diflucan is not that safe. If you are on it long term you have to get blood work done for the liver. Nystatin is safer but not as effective.

LaLa

Old 03-02-2011, 05:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

We arnt talking about long term useage here - Diflucan is so safe that it has been relased for sale over the counter in Australia and new Zealand for vaginal thrush.

All drugs have risks, even simple Tylenol or Advil, but a 4 week course of Diflucan is generaly considered safe so far as drugs go.

Multiple anecdotes do not equal evidence - Me

Old 03-02-2011, 09:05 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

i agree that 4 weeks should not be a problem. I personally worry because i went to the gastro dr for acid reflux and nausea (probably candida). He did a sonogram and blood work and the liver enzymes were a little high. He retested at a later date and they were ok. Also on the sonogram, it showed a nodule on the liver. I need to repeat the sonogram in six months.

Old 09-17-2011, 12:29 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

lookforananswer:
Hi. I was looking through the old posts and came across yours. We have corresponded before. I was wondering how you are doing with your regimen of diflucan and the other things you are taking? My dr just gave me a prescription for diflucan but only 100mg once a day for only two weeks. I have not started it yet because I am not ready to have no sugar and no alcohol.I do stay very low sugar and i eat very healthy but there are those times when you want to socialize and go to town. i would love to hear from you. LaLa

Old 09-17-2011, 06:45 PM   #10
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
lookforananswer:
Hi. I was looking through the old posts and came across yours. We have corresponded before. I was wondering how you are doing with your regimen of diflucan and the other things you are taking? My dr just gave me a prescription for diflucan but only 100mg once a day for only two weeks. I have not started it yet because I am not ready to have no sugar and no alcohol.I do stay very low sugar and i eat very healthy but there are those times when you want to socialize and go to town. i would love to hear from you. LaLa
Hi lala52,

I'm taking the Nystatin 500, but I must be honest, I'm not following the strict diet I should be. I just started my practicum/internship two weeks ago and with two courses in the masters program, a quick and easy meal is the best way to go. I've cut back on many things, but I'm not completely healthy yet. It's going to take me longer to transition.

Old 09-17-2011, 09:08 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

lookingforaAnswer"
How are u feeling at this point and what are ur symptoms now? Also what happened with the diflucan and the other natural things u were taking?

Old 09-24-2011, 03:35 PM   #12
(male)

Spirwarior HB User

I used to have quite a bit of that myself. MDs only think diseases and don't address imbalances or dysfunction. I followed Dr. McCombs candida diet. He also has created a candida library filled with research studies for those lookingbfor the science to back up their diagnosis. Maybe your MD will take a look.

The Following User Says Thank You to Spirwarior For This Useful Post:
gasproblem (05-15-2012)
Old 09-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Spir:
thanks for the info. I will look into that diet.

Last edited by Administrator; 05-11-2012 at 03:52 PM.

Closed Thread