It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-24-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
"Whats The Difference"...

Hi All,
I was treated for H.Pylori two years ago. one year later was told it had gone. Nothing but trouble with my stomach since. I was told I have Acid and Gastritis. My main symptoms are Terrible bloating/gas/stomach noises/loose bowel in the morning.
I also have sore mouth with white spots on inner cheeks. This sounds a lot like Candida to me, but symptoms seem similar to H.Pylori.
PPIs did nothing for me. I am trying Grapefruit Seed Extract and AloeVera Digestive Juice.
QUESTION.. How can two different problems be identical, ( just wondered ).
Any advice welcome,
Solofelix.

Old 04-02-2011, 06:23 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: "Whats The Difference"...

Hi I don't call the problems identical but perhaps Candida came after the antibiotic for the H. Pylori is my guess.

Health measures might be helpful for the candida. Pictures of the mouth inside only as a close-up are welcome. A health professional might determine for sure what it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2011, 06:48 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

My Dr says its Thrush. Nystatin Oral Suspension works well.
As it has a tendency to return, I decided to try an alternative solution. For six days I have been taking Grapefruit Seed Extract, also I find the less sugar I have the better.(Shame) as it's in a lot of things. I will continue with the alternative for a couple of weeks and see how things go.
Solofelix.

The following user gives a hug of support to solofelix:
JJ (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 06:55 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

Thrush is very common after taking antibiotics. I find the Nystatin works very well for me but was also told by my GI and PCP Drs. to take a Probiotic for at least 2 weeks after any antibiotic. Sure did work for me and I still take one about 4 times a week just to keep my immune system in tack.

Hope this helps...JJ...

The following user gives a hug of support to JJ:
sjb (04-02-2011)
The Following User Says Thank You to JJ For This Useful Post:
solofelix (04-02-2011)
Old 04-02-2011, 07:19 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thank You,
I haven't taken Probiotics recently. I will get some as soon as poss and see how things go. Nystatin is very good for me, also I am better if I keep off sugar. I do my best.
Got a free choc sample in the supermarket today (Heavenly..)
Solofelix.

Old 04-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

JJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB UserJJ HB User

It's pretty hard to avoid sugar all the time as like you said, it is in most everything. Sometimes the labels on things are misleading as well.

I like the Probiotics so far as they have really helped. Only thing I noticed is if I take one everyday I go too much, that is why I cut it back to 4 times a week. I asked my Dr. about it and she said yes, it can do that.

Free samples huh? Seems we need to wear blinders when we go shopping....but your right, taste sooo good.

Have a good day...JJ...

Old 04-02-2011, 02:52 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Hi I know chocolate tastes good but it would be better not to undo the results of the Nystatin particularly since Candida is difficult to eradicate completely, can come back and can exist in they system for years. It might be better to use a little carob in some bread with a coffee substitute and a little fruit such as a small amount of dates or raisins than to eat the chocolate.

The Following User Says Thank You to sjb For This Useful Post:
solofelix (04-03-2011)
Old 04-14-2011, 12:10 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

Hi you are welcome!

Closed Thread