HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Candida (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/candida/)
-   -   Olive leaf extract (OLE) and use of probiotics (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/candida/847725-olive-leaf-extract-ole-use-probiotics.html)

erg57 05-03-2011 05:02 AM

Olive leaf extract (OLE) and use of probiotics

Does OLE counteract probiotics--killing the good bacteria? Im hearing much conflicting opinions on this.

Thanks

popps 05-06-2011 09:59 PM

Re: Olive leaf extract (OLE) and use of probiotics

erg57!

Been trying to track you down to find out if you shook that viral thing you had for a month. I'm out in California, but got the exact same thing and I just hit the month mark. Just like yours, it went away... came back, and almost the exact same symptoms to a tee.

I posted on your other thread with my details, but like you... I'm anxious about it and I'm just wondering how yours played out and if you ever got any answers or if it just went away?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

As for the topic of this thread, I have no idea...
Thanks,

Popps

< edited >

erg57 05-09-2011 12:18 PM

After testing for everything---Everything!!! all with negative results-- a naturoptah thinks it may be candida and adrenal fatigue and anxiety asssociated with not knowing what was making me (feel) sick. i feel much much better now. I cleaned up my diet and have been taking supplements. I was already a very healthy eater but I really went to town and went on the "candida" diet. Im 10 weeks in and am doing better.

My allergist/immunologist (one of my testers and I have zero allergies) thinks it may have been viral. he said he has seen this type of on and off sick before. he does not subscribe to the candida theory but he thinks the chnages people make are very good so he does not dismiss peoples' efforts.

erg57 05-09-2011 12:20 PM

Popps.
If I dont answer too soon its because I try to stay away from internet in terms of health related issues. It never ends well for me anymore looking at these sites anymore. Takes me down bad roads. You dig?

popps 05-09-2011 06:34 PM

Wow, Erg... the similarity of this whole thing is nothing short of shocking.
Honestly, most of your posts... including your reply sounds like I could have written it. Amazing. I've been through the ringer of tests, as well... have anxiety as well and have questioned if it was anxiety at times, as well. Similar age, jobs, everything. Just astounding.

Anyway, I definitely hear you on avoiding the boards. That said, I'm going to do two things. One, I'm going to reply to your original thread where you just left me the response. I have a couple of quick questions.

Going to respond to your other thread now, and thanks again for your posts... and I'm glad to hear that you're doing well. I plan to be there soon, myself.

gibbyviola 08-16-2011 04:29 AM

Unfortunately we don't get the right support from doctors because they don't believe candida is an issue. I'm surprised your natropath doesn't believe in candida because they are the ones that know it's an epidemic. A silent one. Hard to treat, hard to cure and many different opionions. You have to be your own advocate. It's hard when you have a medical issue and have to do this stuff on your own. Even with sympathetic doctors, it's still trial and error.

Malkah 08-02-2012 12:23 PM

to ERG 57: I agree it is a very bad idea to get and try things posted on the internet. It has led me astray as well and now have more complications than when I originally started. I have serious regrets.

Malkah