It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2011, 12:45 PM   #1
(female)

jrfk HB User
IGE Allergy to Candida Albicans

Does anyone have an IgE allergy to candida albicans?

Old 08-16-2011, 04:24 AM   #2
(female)

gibbyviola HB Usergibbyviola HB User
Re: IGE Allergy to Candida Albicans

Yes, you can develop an allergy to it! If you have a good allergist that won't laugh at you, demand them to give you an intradermal test. They will 1st give you a scratch test, then if your positive, make them give you the intradermal. I was very confused because apparently I tested negative, but when I went home, my arm swelled up! I called them and the nurse told me I was reacting to the preservative in the shot. I thoguht that was so ridiculous, and was always in question. They prepare these shots with the preservative. Very confusing. They told me I was definately negative!!!!!!!
Months and months later, my other doctor did an electrodermal test and said I was positive for it, plus some molds. I'm now on mold drops...
Allergy testing is really confusing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2011, 11:51 AM   #3
(female)

jrfk HB User

I am allergic to my own candida albicans. Am hoping to find other people that have this allergy to share notes. Do you notice any allergic symptoms, are on a special diet or any advice from your allergist? My allergist tested me, was positive, but he told me he doesn't treat this allergy. Have spent the last 3 years researching and trying to figure out the best way to deal with it is. Thanks, Julie.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:41 PM   #4
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrfk View Post
I am allergic to my own candida albicans. Am hoping to find other people that have this allergy to share notes. Do you notice any allergic symptoms, are on a special diet or any advice from your allergist? My allergist tested me, was positive, but he told me he doesn't treat this allergy. Have spent the last 3 years researching and trying to figure out the best way to deal with it is. Thanks, Julie.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
(female)

Yep, that's the problem. The allergists don't believe in candida allergy. do you have vaginal yeast infections?? You see, I had massive vaginal yeast, and had to take diflo for months. I'm still on it, as maitance.
I have the allergy, and a hypersensitivity to it. So even when I don't have a yeast infection, I itch. I have been tested for everything possible......ending with dermatologists, and pathologists.....and some really screwed up diagnosis like it was a 'neuropathy' coming from my lower back!!!!
I am on mold drops, and MSM....MSM is a mast cell stabalizer. My doctor gave me homeopathic drops antihistamine...and another one....forgot the name. they helped a lot. It also can depend on where I am in my cycle. It's so annoying.
You need to find someone who can treat the allergy. Call as many allergists as you can, but I never found anyone really. Many times natropathic doctors can test and give you drops to desensitize you. go to your natrula health food store and get one of those nutmeg magazines that list all the natropathic doctors in your area. Many times they list that they can treat for these allergys. that is your best bet. I'm on mold drops now, that have the mold allergins that I was allergic to, plus the candida yeast allergin. I shouold get tested for more stuff, but it's so expensive.

Closed Thread