It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2011, 06:49 AM   #1
(male)

demetri66 HB User
Penile yeast infection

Hi everybody
For the last 5 years, off and on, I've had this rash that would attack my twig and berries mercilessly. It would appear as these red, blotchy, sticky lesions that burned when touched and made trips to the bathroom an ordeal because I would stick to my underwear. It also made me very self conscious in the locker room. Anyway I managed to get an appointment with a dermatologist while the infection was in full swing. Planets must have lined up just right. I was diagnosed with a penile yeast infection. Everything was infected. No wonder cortisone and a variety of jock itch medicines didn't work. She put me on Diflucan for a week and two creams which sting pretty good. Thank God I can finally get cured of this thing. Its been a part of me for years and ill be happy to see it go. I did some research on the interweb and found that yeast infections can work their way down the urethra and live in the prostate. Im very interested in this as I am 45 with an enlarged prostate and bladder problems. I wonder if this is at the root. I also have a hypospadias which makes contracting UTIs very easy. I have one now as a matter of fact.
Also, I went to get screened for low testosterone back in october. My levels were ok. But I read that yeast infections can give many of the same symptoms as low T. This was big news to me. The tiredness, irritability, and others might have been from this. How can the doctor test for the presence of yeast in the prostate? Is the damage reversed if the yeast is killed? Do I have to go on that diet?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
(male)

demetri66 HB User
Re: Penile yeast infection

4 days later, taking fluticasone every day and applying 2 creams to the area twice a day and im looking much better. I went to the gym tonight and had a great workout. What a change from last week when I had to walk like a cowboy so as to minimize contact. I still have red, leathery patches but im confident they'll dissappear soon. Now, will the yeast be gone forever? Or will it be inside me? Was it always in there?

Closed Thread