It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2011, 09:15 PM   #1
Newbie
(female)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: midwest
Posts: 1
rljrdn HB User
Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

To make a long story short - 8 years of chronic inflammation of my back, neck, arm, intestines, other random symptoms with no explanation. Been to 4 chiropractors, 2 md's, an orthopedic, physical therapy and acupuncture with no help because everyone thought it was a mechanical problem from me being in car accidents. After being in daily pain for so long I decided I wanted to try another route and started investigating anti-inflammatory diets, adrenal stress, etc. I planned to get blood work done for it and started an anti-inflammatory diet but also went to my current chiro who I know does bio-magnetic testing for allergens.

He was happy I wanted to try another route and was blown away with how crazy I tested for all kinds of allergens and finally came up with the candida diagnosis. Chronic sinus infections meant antibiotics a few times a year in the past and I'm on birth control and still have metal fillings. He adjusted my anti-inflammatory diet slightly to be more candida driven and for the allergens I tested positive for and gave me three supplements to take three times a day for two weeks. He also did some laser acupressure therapy and seemed very positive that we could bring my levels back to normal in a month or so and told me to google candida to learn more. A few hours later my inflammation in my shoulder/arm/back was GONE! I nearly cried.

BUT...now I'm reading more about this and how hard it is to really permanently get candida in check so that you can go back to a normal life with regular food and no supplements. Is it realistic? Any success stories? Oh and the supplements he has me on are nothing I've read here. Seems there are so many I don't know even where to begin.
ETA supplements: Lact-enz (probiotics), Antronex (anti-histimine), Formula SF722 (anti-fungal)

Last edited by rljrdn; 07-08-2011 at 09:25 PM.

 
The following user gives a hug of support to rljrdn:
arka (07-09-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 07-10-2011, 03:17 PM   #2
Senior Member
(female)
 
Looking4aAnswer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 245
Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

rljrdn:

This was very helpful information. I never made a correlation between all my back adjustments and pain with candida. I've been using Jarro-Dophilus, Immune Balance Yeast, as well as several multivitamins.

I've had three surgeries for my sinuses and am beginning to wonder if the problems I encountered were based solely on my Candida problems. Have you noticed dairy contributes to your problems? I can understand anything with sugar such as yogurt, ice cream, etc., would be definitely problems, but what about cheese? I suppose yeast would play a part in that as well. The one diet I've seen had such limitations on it, that I couldn't see me being able to follow it.

Thanks!!
__________________
Looking4aAnswer

Last edited by Administrator; 07-30-2011 at 09:42 PM.

 
Old 07-21-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Charleston
Posts: 5,550
Harry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB UserHarry HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

One thing that has helped me over the years is taking coconut oil -- I started off with a half of teaspoon daily. It contains caprylic acid that is a killer of candida-- It's natrual and really helps control candida problems.

For taste I like and use Garden of Life but any brand works!!

Harry

 
The Following User Says Thank You to Harry For This Useful Post:
Looking4aAnswer (07-21-2011)
Old 07-21-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,030
solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

I was plagued with Candida in my mouth for months. I had a feeling it was intestinal too.
NYSTATIN cleared it every time, but I did not want to keep going to my Dr.
The Killer food for Candida is without doubt (SUGAR). I eliminated all sugar from my diet and took (Grapefruit Seed Extract) daily. For my mouth I used (Eludril) mouthwash.
I had no die of symptoms as I took the GSE low dose and increased slowly.
I slip up with the Diet at times but go right back to this treatment and feel it has really helped. Good Luck, Solofelix.

 
Old 07-21-2011, 02:32 PM   #5
Senior Member
(female)
 
Looking4aAnswer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 245
Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

Harry:

Thanks! I will purchase some of that as well and will all this ammunition, the candida doesn't stand a chance of survival. =)
__________________
Looking4aAnswer

 
Old 08-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #6
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe,NM USA
Posts: 37
wolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

Hello!
Well, as I wrote in brief under the thread on the relation of vertigo to Candida,
one can find success with a good eating plan.
Everyone may have a slightly different approach of course, and a different
time factor for success depending on the severity of the STAGE one's Candida
is in.
I was in the LAST STAGE accordiing to my Naturopathic doctor back in 1990.
He told me that stage eventually can lead to such a depleted immune system
one can perhaps end up with the big C*, among other horrid health situations.
So, I was strict for 5 years.
Ten years ago I cheated once a month or so. Now this year I am back to square one. So, when that Doctor told me one could get in a pickle again with the
Candida leaving the gut, he was right.
But, one thing that is great about this little obstacle in life: One can do it
themselves,and remain in their home instead of in a hospital.
Garlic is my daily friend in the eating plan.
About the YOGHURt that one poster stated to avoid. I actually need yoghurt
daily for my gastrointestinal health, and it causes me no set backs. But, that
is my own experience. It sooths the gut and helps to keep the pipes clean
We need to MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE CANDIDA OVER GROWTH, and not
be AFRAID OF CANDIDA. We have the power to fight it and get it back down
into the gut, where it naturally should be anyway.

 
Old 08-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,030
solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcafe View Post
Hello!
Well, as I wrote in brief under the thread on the relation of vertigo to Candida,
one can find success with a good eating plan.
Everyone may have a slightly different approach of course, and a different
time factor for success depending on the severity of the STAGE one's Candida
is in.
I was in the LAST STAGE accordiing to my Naturopathic doctor back in 1990.
He told me that stage eventually can lead to such a depleted immune system
one can perhaps end up with the big C*, among other horrid health situations.
So, I was strict for 5 years.
Ten years ago I cheated once a month or so. Now this year I am back to square one. So, when that Doctor told me one could get in a pickle again with the
Candida leaving the gut, he was right.
But, one thing that is great about this little obstacle in life: One can do it
themselves,and remain in their home instead of in a hospital.
Garlic is my daily friend in the eating plan.
About the YOGHURt that one poster stated to avoid. I actually need yoghurt
daily for my gastrointestinal health, and it causes me no set backs. But, that
is my own experience. It sooths the gut and helps to keep the pipes clean
We need to MAKE FRIENDS WITH THE CANDIDA OVER GROWTH, and not
be AFRAID OF CANDIDA. We have the power to fight it and get it back down
into the gut, where it naturally should be anyway.


Something else thats good for Candida aside from watching your diet is
Grapefruit Seed Extract, 6-8 drops in a small glass of water twice daily. Good Luck to all sufferers, Solofelix.

 
The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
wolfcafe (08-10-2011)
Old 08-10-2011, 09:14 AM   #8
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe,NM USA
Posts: 37
wolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Something else thats good for Candida aside from watching your diet is
Grapefruit Seed Extract, 6-8 drops in a small glass of water twice daily. Good Luck to all sufferers, Solofelix.
Thanks Solo! Great reminder for sure....ok, will wander over to the grocery store and buy a couple of whole Grape Fruits and eat a few of the seeds with the
natural fruit too.
Good luck to you also on your journey in life!

 
Old 08-10-2011, 09:21 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,030
solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

Hi wolfcafe,
Grapefruit Seed Extract is a liquid in a small bottle (like eyedrops bottle) that you buy from your Health-Shop. It is very potent!
I didnt mean grapefruit from your greengrocer. Solofelix.

 
Old 08-10-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe,NM USA
Posts: 37
wolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
Hi wolfcafe,
Grapefruit Seed Extract is a liquid in a small bottle (like eyedrops bottle) that you buy from your Health-Shop. It is very potent!
I didnt mean grapefruit from your greengrocer. Solofelix.
Yes, I do actually know what Grapefruit Seed Extract is. I was just being funny. Cyber notes are rather flat you know when one
cannot here the voice or the person sharing.
I do know it is a highly beneficial medicinal for many people, but in that
strong form it is not agreeable with my "engine".
Thanks again for the great reminder!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-27-2011 at 09:39 PM.

 
Old 08-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #11
Senior Member
(female)
 
Looking4aAnswer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 245
Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

Solofelix,

I goofed and picked up the Grape Seed, so I'm going to exchange it for the Grapefruit Seed Extract. (Red face) =) Thanks for the clarification. I definitely needed it.

Last edited by Looking4aAnswer; 08-10-2011 at 10:01 AM.

 
Old 08-10-2011, 10:42 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,030
solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Smile Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcafe View Post
Yes, I do actually know what Grapefruit Seed Extract is, as I own a health food store. I was just being funny. Cyber notes are rather flat you know when one
cannot here the voice or the person sharing.
I do know it is a highly beneficial medicinal for many people, but in that
strong form it is not agreeable with my "engine".
Thanks again for the great reminder!



Your welcome and I like a laugh as well!!...
All the best , keep in touch, Solofelix.

 
Old 08-11-2011, 07:23 AM   #13
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Santa Fe,NM USA
Posts: 37
wolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB Userwolfcafe HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post





Your welcome and I like a laugh as well!!...
All the best , keep in touch, Solofelix.
Hey SoloFelix- Your one cool dude in my book! Laughter is the Best
medicine for sure!
You" know that just reminded me of a TRUE story about some Doctor a number of years ago, in this country. Apparently he was given some "YOUR GONNA DIE SOON!" M.D./narrow minded diagnosis. He remembered what his dear
Grand parent's had said to him as a boy: "LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE".
So, instead of whining/crying, and complaining to anybody/everybody about
this "DEATH SENTENCE" some air-head m.d. gave to him, he took "THE BULL BY THE HORNS", and whilst laying in his hospital bed, he rang up on the telee many friends/family members to bring him a VCR (old school time factor's here),and ordered lots of comedy movies/shows to watch. He watched comedy
shows day/nite, like even the Marx brothers and other old classic comedies from way back when. He laughed daily until he cried with joy.
Well....rippleez believe it or not.....HE LAUGHED HIMSELF WELL!

Have a great coming weekend Mr. Solo!

 
Old 08-11-2011, 11:11 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 3,030
solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Just diagnosed - feeling intimidated

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcafe View Post
Hey SoloFelix- Your one cool dude in my book! Laughter is the Best
medicine for sure!
You" know that just reminded me of a TRUE story about some Doctor a number of years ago, in this country. Apparently he was given some "YOUR GONNA DIE SOON!" M.D./narrow minded diagnosis. He remembered what his dear
Grand parent's had said to him as a boy: "LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE".
So, instead of whining/crying, and complaining to anybody/everybody about
this "DEATH SENTENCE" some air-head m.d. gave to him, he took "THE BULL BY THE HORNS", and whilst laying in his hospital bed, he rang up on the telee many friends/family members to bring him a VCR (old school time factor's here),and ordered lots of comedy movies/shows to watch. He watched comedy
shows day/nite, like even the Marx brothers and other old classic comedies from way back when. He laughed daily until he cried with joy.
Well....rippleez believe it or not.....HE LAUGHED HIMSELF WELL!

Have a great coming weekend Mr. Solo!


Well said,
You just gave me another laugh (real tonic) Ha Ha!!...
Its Mrs Solo!!..

 
Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
How is candida diagnosed? Dave56789 Candida 1 06-17-2011 09:16 PM
Candida of the intestines affecting the rest of the body? lala52 Candida 6 09-09-2010 08:32 AM
Candida die off or just sick? Tearful_Love Candida 5 12-15-2008 09:44 PM
Could this be a sign of candida? Tiger1405 Candida 5 06-04-2008 07:44 PM
Treatment for Candida - at a Dead End mrmusicman79 Candida 1 08-03-2007 07:58 PM




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



solofelix (7), Harry (6), JJ (5), sjb (4), gibbyviola (3), lala52 (2), theREDshoes (1), ckc27 (1), JohnR41 (1), jonnstar (1)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1164), MSJayhawk (997), Apollo123 (896), Titchou (832), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (757), ladybud (745), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:06 PM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!