It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
(female)

sh3nry16 HB User
Someone, anyone! Help!

Okay, so today I took a 200mg Diflucan tablet because for the past two weeks, I have had a weird smell which I assumed would be a yeast infection. So far, the smell is still there.

Here's the backstory-- I have NEVER EVER had any type of problems "down there." Not even itching, burning, anything. Last week when I was on vacation, I started noticing a weird smell (mid-period). I assumed it was just something with the blood, so I paid no attention to it. It got worse. I had VERY little itching the day my period stopped (which I do every time from what I assume to be dryness from the pad). Other than the smell, there has been no discoloration of urine, itching, redness, burning, weird discharge, nothing. Just this weird smell that came around all of a sudden.

The only changes I made there or anything I can think of are:
1. I wore a Spanx-type girdle for 6 hours on the plane. (But I wear this a lot).
2. I had to hold my urine for a long period of time between flights.
3. I wore panties to bed for a week (which I never do unless on my period, of course)
4. I took in insane amounts of coffee and even drank soda (which I RARELY do)
5. I've recently changed sexual partners (ended one relationship, in another now)

Also, I am a vegetarian and when I was on vacation, I didn't stick to my normally healthy diet. I ate a lot of sugary stuff and pretty much took in NO water. (I know, I know).

The big thing, though... I NEVER clean my area with a cloth or harsh soap. I ALWAYS ALWAYS use just the lather from my mild liquid soap and use my hand to clean down there. Well, I forgot my soap on vacation, so for a week, I washed with a washcloth and bar soap (Irish Spring or something gross).

I'm going tonight to pick up the OTC BV kit from the drugstore to try it out. I have a PAP scheduled for Tuesday morning, so if the Diflucan and the kit fail, I can find out for sure what's going on.

I just want this smell to go away! Pleeeeease!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Someone, anyone! Help!

This doesn't sound like Vaginal Thrush as you would have other symptoms. Also the Diflucan would have sorted that out.
I think its more likely a change of diet or what you wash with.
I would never recommend using soap or deodorant in the Vaginal area. Plain warm water is perfectly adequate, also wear cotton underwear.
It doesn't sound anything to worry about but if it continues for peace of mind see your Dr. Solofelix.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #3
(female)

Nerdlie HB UserNerdlie HB UserNerdlie HB UserNerdlie HB User

I find #5 concerning. If you have acquired a new sexual partner and are experiencing any kind of changes down below it could be indicative of an STI. Have you been tested since you started having sex with this new partner? Don't assume he/she is clean. Get checked. Better to be safe than sorry.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:54 PM   #4
(female)

gibbyviola HB Usergibbyviola HB User

good thing you are going to the doctor. Get some tests! Get a culture. It sounds like BV to me. When it smells, that could be BV. doesn't sound like yeast at all.
Be careful, don't wash with harsh soaps down there.

Closed Thread