It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2011, 08:10 AM   #1
(female)

powersba HB User
Yeast Infection/5 Month old Nursing

I have exhausted all resources and just need someone who may have some helpful advice on my issue.

I am 5 months out of having my son and was nursing (however have stopped due to antibiotic/hormones). I was told on July 14th at my yearly OB visit that I had a yeast infection and was given diflucan. I really didnt have any symptons at that time but took the mediciane and lets just say that I most def had symptons after that. I had to call and get something else because the symptoms just got worse. I was then given metronidazole by pill form and didnt take it because of nursing. At that point in time they gave me the same thing but gel form.

That whole process was interesting. When that also didnt work I went back and my OB then told me to finish the tube of metronidazole and gave me something with a T to take with it. That also didnt work so I resorted to giving up on the nursing and taking the pill form of metrodinazole. In the meantime things have gone back, same symptoms and I have tried the vinegar douche, Acidophilus, yogurt etc.. This has been constant for almost two months and I am completely frustrated. Any advice would be appreiciated because now my husband has developed what I believe to be a yeast infection. HELP!!!! Is it hormones from having a baby?

Closed Thread