It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #1
(male)

Stormbringer HB User
Worried, please help

Today I went to pick up the results of a throat swab, because I have a mild sore throat and some nasal congestion for more than a month. And, well, I didn't like what they say...
"Candida albicans and coagulase-negative staphylococcus were found".
And...I was really, really nervous about that.
I don't know if I have thrush, or some fungus infection...because my throat doesn't hurt when I eat or drink, and it doesn't give me any other kind of pain, same with my nose, I don't feel pain and it's not difficult to breathe, though it has been annoying to have this congestion...

Is it thrush? It doesn't hurt when I use my toothbrush, I don't bleed and I certainly haven't lost my sense of taste. A couple of doctors told me that I'm fine, that it's nothing...but the presence of Candida is freaking me out. I do know that it's a common fungus in the mouth and the intestines...and I have to say that I've taking a LOT of antibiotics in order to heal my congestion, so I guess that helped the freaking fungus...
Can anyone help me with this? I'm hoping it's not a sign of HIV...that's my worst fear.

Last edited by mod85; 10-03-2011 at 10:23 PM.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:12 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Worried, please help

If you are on Antibiotics, then its almost certainly Candida or THRUSH as its called in the mouth.
Antibiotics do this to me every time. Generally a sure sign of Candida in the mouth are white spots and sore areas any where in the mouth.
NYSTATIN oral mouth solution is excellent for this condition but is best used after you finish the Antibiotics. Probiotics are also good after Antibiotics.
Hope this helps, Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #3
(male)

Stormbringer HB User

Well, there aren't white spots or sores in my mouth or tongue, what's freaking me out is the fact that the damn fungus was found in a throat culture...so, that means it's inside my throat? Or could it be just in my mouth? I'm really scared.

Old 10-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
(male)

Stormbringer HB User

http://i53.tinypic.com/33agy2a.jpg

http://oi54.tinypic.com/2r436z5.jpg

Some pictures of my tongue...

Old 10-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Storm:
It sounds to me that you have candida. your tongue is coated also. That is not a healthy tongue. Do you eat a lot of carbs and other sugars? If so, I would stop eating them, they feed candida. Go on a good antifungal and take probiotics. Good luck and keep us posted.
LaLa

Old 10-08-2011, 08:59 PM   #6
(male)

Stormbringer HB User

Is it coated by candida?
I went to see a doctor, just to be sure...and he told me that my tongue was fine, so I feel a bit confused.
When I brush my teeth and tongue, it doesn't bleed...and I don't see white patches or sores, I'm really worried and afraid...

Last edited by mod85; 10-09-2011 at 03:53 AM.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:37 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Storm,
Your tongue looks very much like you have Candida. A normal tongue should be a pink colour and smooth.
If you have been on Antibiotics then its almost certainly Candida.
NYSTATIN ORAL SOLUTION is excellent for clearing it up. You must then watch your diet.
When I had THRUSH in my mouth I eliminated all sugar from my diet, it is an absolute NO-NO for Candida.
You then need to get yourself on some good Probiotics from your Health-Shop, additionally you can take Natural Probiotic Yogurt.
I hope this helps and good Luck.

PS. I got rid of my thrush by doing the above and watching the diet.

Solofelix.

Closed Thread