It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2011, 06:05 AM   #1
(female)

Love Potion HB User
Question Can this be a Yeast Infection?

Hi, recently I have been researching and found some stuff on yeast infections. My discharge matches the description of a Y.I (a thick, clumpy, white discharge that looks a little like cottage cheese) and the symptoms are similar. After my period I have lots of itching and burning which makes my vagina feel very sore. After washing with some soap and warm water the itching stops temporarily then starts again after an hour or so. I used to think it was the kind of pads I was using which caused this, I thought I just got a itching rash from it but I'm beginning to think its not that at all.

In addition, when I do have sex there is this excessive white residue that is left on the condom and my discharge has a potent odor remaining .

The white discharge didn't seem unusual to me because its been there since puberty began, I am now 21. I've never been to a gynecologist, never had a pap smear done never had any check ups concerning this and quite frankly I'm nervous to get checked. Any advice?

Old 11-10-2011, 08:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Can this be a Yeast Infection?

Hi,
this does sound like a yeast infection.
You can buy a CANESTEN pessary and cream for this in your Chemist OTC.
You could try this first and see if it helps, if not then see your Dr or practice-nurse. There is also pills called DIFLUCAN for the same purpose but not sure if they are available on prescription only.
Good Luck, Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-10-2011, 08:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love Potion View Post
Hi, recently I have been researching and found some stuff on yeast infections. My discharge matches the description of a Y.I (a thick, clumpy, white discharge that looks a little like cottage cheese) and the symptoms are similar. After my period I have lots of itching and burning which makes my vagina feel very sore. After washing with some soap and warm water the itching stops temporarily then starts again after an hour or so. I used to think it was the kind of pads I was using which caused this, I thought I just got a itching rash from it but I'm beginning to think its not that at all.

In addition, when I do have sex there is this excessive white residue that is left on the condom and my discharge has a potent odor remaining .

The white discharge didn't seem unusual to me because its been there since puberty began, I am now 21. I've never been to a gynecologist, never had a pap smear done never had any check ups concerning this and quite frankly I'm nervous to get checked. Any advice?
Do not use soap in the genital area and if using tampons remove regularly and try pads instead for awhile.
A gynacalogical exam is a very worthwhile thing and should be done as often as your Dr recomends.

Solofelix.

Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
(female)

Lana15 HB User

Your symptoms do sound like candida (yest infection). Common candida symptoms are vaginal itching, vaginal discharge, foul odor, skin rashes, PMS, extremely painful periods and etc. Candida is a very common infection, even though it is not much research done about it. Candida can be very hard to get rid of if you do not eliminate the main causes of candida. The main causes of candida are:
1. mercury poisoning
2. high sugar diets
3. hormonal imbalances
4. birth control and antibiotics use
Thus, in order to get rid of candida you must eliminate these main causes first. I hope this information helps and your fight against candida will be successful!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 07-03-2013 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Commercial web site removed.

Closed Thread