It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-18-2011, 01:00 PM   #1
(male)

sgte HB User
anxiety is killing me. very worried, need help, LOTS of symptoms but wasn't lyme

I'll try and explain my story and list of symptoms and events as best I can, in hopes that someone might be able to better explain just what all is going on / wrong with me. Thank you in advanced for reading. I'm really worried and not sure where to turn or what to do from here.

From July - aug I was dating and sexually with a girl who wasn't exactly "fresh down there." I didn't think much about it until Sep 10 when I started noticing more symptoms. I did perform oral on her as well.

We stopped seeing each other around aug 14, and around aug 29-30 I took 2g as one doze of my friends extra metrodonizole. or 5 400mg tablets. (Antibiotic) I had the usual side effects that same day of nausea, and metallic taste, brown pee. The brown pee might have lasted for a few days after.

On sep 10 I went to a football game and noticed i was much more sensitive to the sunlight and i got sunburnt. I also developed what felt like "rough" areas just inside my upper and lower lips (on the inside) this only lasted 2-3 days and I didn't think much of it.

around mid sep to 3rd week I had fatigue and a lot of thirst for a few days. I think i also had two, random nights where I woke up just a little sweaty, not the drenched kinda sweaty, just noticeably "sticky" in the morning. had a couple of unusual crying spells and some anxiety and depression... I also started to crave a lot of sugar and pastas (and ate a lot of sugars and carbs as a result) and was drinking beers every wed night. this occasionally caused me to have a headache shortly after consuming the equivalent of 2-3 beers on these nights.

After this I felt fine until about oct 4

On oct 1 or 2, I went hiking in the woods.

On oct 4 i awoke with a very stiff neck, could hardly move. no other symptoms. started urinating every two hours regardless of how much i drank. was usually either clear or some yellow, but what always appeared to be an underlying hint of tan color and almost always bubbly. This lasted until about oct 17 when i finally went to dr. to see about lyme disease and got doxycycline.

On oct 9 i awoke with a a LOT of symptoms of LYME. which after having been in the woods just a week ago is what I thought it might have been. I had a lack of appetite, slightly sore throat, itchy eyes, brittle feeling hair, numbness in hands and feet. itchy/crawly skin, sore back, bad depression and anxiety, feelings of dread, heart palpitations (i have prior anxiety issues from PTSD) at one point i stayed at a friends house because my anxiety was so bad, unusual crying spells, i really thought my heart would stop, panic attacks, brain fog (short term memory issues) voice was horse but throat didnt hurt at same time, heart burn (i've also had GERD for a while too so this didn't strike me as too unusual) stomach pain, pain across my abdomen from left to middle to right side - like a dull ache, dull aches in pelvis area, numbness in lips and face sometimes - especially after exposure to sunlight for lengthy periods of time, occasionally writing the wrong letter first when writing words, weird tingling/wet kinda feeling in my ear, forgetfullness, a couple headaches but not terrible ones, chills, jaw pain, swollen lymphs in throat, congested sinuses (i pretty much stay congested though so never gave this one much thought) and lots of other symptoms of LYME.

oct 17 - went to dr and explained my symptoms and that i'd been in the woods recently. was prescribed 200mg doxycycline a day for 21 days.
This same week after the lack of appetite from the week before I began to actually feel a lot better and by the time i had taken a week of the doxycycline around oct 23 i was feeling just fine.

nov 11 I finish my 21 days of doxycycline antibiotics for what i presumed was lyme.

nov 14 - started having mild relapse of some symptoms. most notably the lack of appetite, itchy crawly skin and depression, axiety, worry and have cried a few times this week.
I was using peroxide as a mouth wash and noticed that my tastebuds were white, or began to develop a white film over them. I also use a few other types of mouth wash as well so i never developed thick chunky curd like white coating ever on my tongue

nov 15 - stopped by dentist on the way to my work and dentist said my tongue and mouth looked normal but did not suspect thrush.

nov 18 - I was up most of the night writing a paper and researching more on candida - which to me at least starts to explain a lot of my symptoms. I took the "spit test" this morning and failed miserably. So I suspect that I may have candida over growth in GI tract and possibly mouth, though with all the mouth wash I use its no wonder I have no "buildup"

my other worry is that a new girl i started seeing in sep is experienceing a "few" of the initial symptoms I had but not the severe lyme disease "like" ones I also had. Mostly she was just fatigued, and thirsty for a few days. Had one yeast infection around oct 7-13 after starting on birth control (she was never on BC prior to this)

SO HERE ARE MY CONCERNS ---
1) is it possible that I got it from the first woman i was dating that was unfresh, and that it just didn't "appear" until after I took the metrodonizole at the end of aug?
2) is it possible that my candida over growth is due only to the metrodonizole and that the doxycycline antibiotics have also helped aid in a relapse?
3) is it possible that I spread it via oral sex to my new GF?
4) since it is apparently obvious that i most likely have candida inbalance what things can i do / what steps do i take to correct the situation in not only myself but my GF so that we don't continue to pass it back and forth

Apologies for this being so long, i just wanted to try and give as much info as I can, so that I can try and get the best help that I can from those of you who may have experienced this before, or are medical professionals.

Thanks again for taking the time to read my questions and for you replys. My anxiety and stress have been off the charts these past couple weeks. I feel depressed, worried, and guilty and not sure how much more i can take. Just want to feel better.
TY again,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-19-2011, 08:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: anxiety is killing me. very worried, need help, LOTS of symptoms but wasn't lyme

Sgte:
Your situation is a little bit of a toughy. Your symptoms seem to be a mix of lyme and candida. I am in a similar situation to you. I have some of your symptoms also. The thing is, is that many lyme people have candida but i think that the lyme comes first then the candida. In your case, it seems that the candida came first because you said you were hiking in the woods after you already had the candida symptoms. Also, did you take a blood test for lyme? Lyme does not always show up but usually if you get the lyme test early enough many times it does show up. Also there is a company called Igenix in California which is the best lab for finding lyme. As far as treating candida, you must stay away from all sugar. That includes pasta, beer, cakes, cookies, condiments that have sugar etc. Everything. Basically you can only eat protein and veggies. Plus take probiotics and some form of an anti-fungal. There are many natural ones out there or try diflucan and the diet for a while. I also would like to know what you mean by the girlfriend not be very fresh down there. That does not necessary mean that she had a fungus or disease but also did you get checked for stds? Another thing i am thinking is that your immune system was week before the girlfriend and that left you body vulnerable to getting something. Or another possibility is that you had lyme or some other condition dormant in your body and she passed something on to you and whatever was dormant came to the surface. It is very hard to determine all of this. I have been suffering for 6 yrs with an unknown illness similar to yours with no answers. I know i gave you lots to think about. Maybe you need to go to a good dr and try to sort all these things out. Also some of the natural drs can maybe help. Hope you get answers soon. It can be bery depressing. Keep in touch. LaLa

Old 11-19-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Re: anxiety is killing me. very worried, need help, LOTS of symptoms but wasn't lyme

Sgte:
Your situation is a little bit of a toughy. Your symptoms seem to be a mix of lyme and candida. I am in a similar situation to you. I have some of your symptoms also. The thing is, is that many lyme people have candida but i think that the lyme comes first then the candida. In your case, it seems that the candida came first because you said you were hiking in the woods after you already had the candida symptoms. Also, did you take a blood test for lyme? Lyme does not always show up but usually if you get the lyme test early enough many times it does show up. Also there is a company called Igenix in California which is the best lab for finding lyme. As far as treating candida, you must stay away from all sugar. That includes pasta, beer, cakes, cookies, condiments that have sugar etc. Everything. Basically you can only eat protein and veggies. Plus take probiotics and some form of an anti-fungal. There are many natural ones out there or try diflucan and the diet for a while. I also would like to know what you mean by the girlfriend not be very fresh down there. That does not necessary mean that she had a fungus or disease but also did you get checked for stds? Another thing i am thinking is that your immune system was week before the girlfriend and that left you body vulnerable to getting something. Or another possibility is that you had lyme or some other condition dormant in your body and she passed something on to you and whatever was dormant came to the surface. It is very hard to determine all of this. I have been suffering for 6 yrs with an unknown illness similar to yours with no answers. I know i gave you lots to think about. Maybe you need to go to a good dr and try to sort all these things out. Also some of the natural drs can maybe help. Hope you get answers soon. It can be bery depressing. Keep in touch. LaLa

Old 11-20-2011, 12:21 AM   #4
(male)

sgte HB User

hi

by fresh down there i mean, she had some "bad vaginal odor"

I'm thinking i may have figured it out.
seems after I took flagyl at the end of aug I may have developed candida after that. as i started having symptoms around sep 7-10
then i started eating a LOT of sugars and starches, like i was craving it all the time
the "lyme" symptoms may have just been coincidental. there was a "raised, small, mole-sized" itchy spot on my back, coulda have very possibly been a tick bite, at least the DR. didnt' seem to think it wasn't and with all of the symptoms I had, they treated me for lyme, I supposed because it made the most sense, considering I was just out in the woods a week prior

after taking doxycycline (antibiotics) for 21 days i felt fine until about 3 days after taking them. then i had milder lyme syomptoms, which just ended today when i got my appetite back after eating some eggs and sausage yogurt and garlic this morning

so, today i started essentially a no carb / sugar diet. i've had nothing but meat, eggs and yogurt, and my only carbs came from a serving of fat free refried beans. about 9g carbs.

I'm thinking its probably the antibiotics and what was my poor diet, allowing the candida to flourish while i had no good bacteria.

i'm really at a loss for where else to go, and what to do from here though...
other than trying this diet for a while, and some antisceptic mouth wash

Old 11-20-2011, 08:47 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User

you have been on a lot of antibiotics. I read about crawly skin symptom which I would say you are probably deficient in b12 and magnesium. Sickness, antibiotic use is hard in the body. I would suggest ACAM and find an integrated MD who specializes in yeast. I say this cause after reading all your symptoms. the cure is also going to be uncomfortable and it might be in your best interest to do it with an integrated MD in your area. He will have knowledge of traditional meds and be severly helpful wit the yeast and deficiency you are noting. Killing candida is a committment because you get a die off effects (flu like symptoms for a few days). If possible a starting point would be a search...ACAM. Diflucan is a very quick fix for any yeast problem, the doctor can perscribe that. B12 shot to get you feeling better. pearls of acidopholis, align great probiotic to use..all the antibiotics kill the flora in your belly and wreck havoc on the immune system as well as the nervous system. Drink a lot of water and low sugary drinks..flush your system. I wish you good luck and hope you feel better.

Old 11-20-2011, 09:23 PM   #6
(male)

sgte HB User

hey, thanks for writing
I think the lyme was juts coincidental from having been out in the woods

after the flagyl around aug 30 i had some thrush around sep 10, but didn't realize what it was , so i pretty much ignored it, cause it cleared up in 3-4 days

then i started eating a LOT of sugary stuff, and pastas, drinking beer every wed night. it didn't add up until about a week ago, when this all started coming back after a 2nd round of antibiotics (doxycycline) for what i thought was LYME on oct 8. (started meds oct 18)

i think the candida just got outa control between sep 1 - oct 8 when i started having the bad lyme symptoms.
it went away while i was on the doxy of course, then cam back 4 days after i stopped.
has been getting better now. i mostly have bad depression and crying fits, dry mouth, very lightly coated tongue, and a lack of appetite. though i am forcing myself to eat.

i changed my diet to NO sugar, very few carbs... most come from the yogurt i am eating. basically all meat and green vegies, garlic and yogurt. its not fun, but i've also been a health nut before and so the eating routine isn't so bad.

also taking acidophilus pearls in addition to yogurt, and have some fivelac on the way.

I 've just been so worried and depresssed because of the side effects of candida. just need to get my system back to balanced i think. so i can get back to being "me" again.

thank you for your replies

any other useful info would be appreciated

Old 11-21-2011, 08:23 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

sgte:
It is good that you started the candida diet. I know how horrible the diet is. Even if you are somewhat of a health food nut, it is still difficult. There are those times that you want to cheat. But i am not convinced that you don;t have lyme. I have a feeling you have both. If so, you need a longer course of antibiotics and go heavy on the probiotics. You need to go to a LLMD dr. Feel better and keep us posted. LaLa

Old 11-23-2011, 10:48 AM   #8
(male)

sgte HB User

hey
thanks again for the reply
I'm really starting to think it wasn't lyme to begin with, but instead an over load of candida.

i had 2 different bouts of thrush in sep that went untreated, then the "lyme" symptoms i had in oct I beleive were candida over growth.

when i went on the doxycylcine in oct i felt just fine for those three weeks
as soon as i came off of it, the symptoms came back ,just milder
that was nov 14. i am still experienceing them

the good news is , i didnt really experience much weight loss from sep to nov 14. maybe 2 lbs even through the times i had loss of appetite

6 days ago i started the candida diet. and weight myself around 143 (my normal is between 140-146)
today i was about 139.

I went to the dr yesterday and they said they didnt think my tongue had thrush, but still gave my nystatin after i complained.
they did a uranalysis and said i had keytones (i've only been eating meat, green veggies and yogurt)
I hope that the weight loss is from lack of calories and carbs

ive also had night sweats the last 3 nights

which i havn't had, since i had 2 in late sep after my 2 bouts with thrush

they did give me zoloft and some blood pressure medicine to deal with the anxiety, depression and my BP was 164/90 (measured 3 different times)

still confused

sgtE

Closed Thread