HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Candida (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/candida/)
-   -   Candida: Ruining my life now, and my future. (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/candida/879373-candida-ruining-my-life-now-my-future.html)

Taner 11-25-2011 02:59 PM

Candida: Ruining my life now, and my future.

So here's my story, and I think it all started with Amalgum fillings as a younger child. I remember at one point my mood totally changed for good. And during that exact time I had gotten loads of amalgum fillings. Acne also started at that exact age. So about a year ago, I had enough of acne and decided to go to a dermo to get it fixed. They said it was not due to diet and was just happening to me. They gave me creams and basically dried out my skin, wasted my money and covered up my symptoms. I went to a local doctor and was told that my internal bacteria was causing it, so how I to treat it? He gave me doxycycline hyclate. It worked and gave me the feeling of amazing clear skin. Although I got fed up with dependence on the drug and the extremely painful stomach aches it caused. My acne came back, slowly but surely. And was at the point it was before. Then symptoms of brain fog, very poor memory, slow immune system, white tongue and loads of other candida symptoms started kicking in. I didn't know what was going on and no one helped for what I was going through. People said it was this and that, lyme and every other disease you could think of. I had no choice but to look it up myself. I came across information regarding heavy metals poisoning leading to candida and I found all my symptoms. Now I just want to figure out how to treat candida effectively and perform a full body detox. I have tried loads of things to get rid of it, but I could never remove sugar from my diets. I think that is the reason for why I could treat myself properly. I really want to remove Candida from my body to the correct amount it should be at, its effecting my schooling at the worst time. I cant remember anything and I am doing very poor in school no matter the amount of studying I do. Does anyone have effective treatments for Candida?

lala52 11-25-2011 08:36 PM

Re: Candida: Ruining my life now, and my future.

Taner:
I can relate. I have been suffering from candida for years. I sometimes feel very ill. Mine started with some kind of a virus then led to stomach problems and I never recovered. This started 6 years ago. Then three years ago i started with tingling on the top of my head and a balance issue and some ear pain and neck pain. The list goes on and on. I am not 100% positive that i have candida because there is no real test for it in NY. I heard there is a blood test for it in other states but for some reason NY does not do the testing. I have been to plenty of natural drs who have treated me for it. I never really got totally cured.I still think that i have some kind of other syndrome along with candida. But anyway, to answer your question...I have been taking two 5billion strength probiotics by jarro every day and grapefruit seed extract every day and very little carbs and sugars. I eat some because that diet is impossible. What other symptoms do you have. I do believe that your acne can be from candida also. As far as the fillings, you might have toxicity from that. You can be tested for that. I would like to know all of your symptoms and also your diet. Talk soon. LaLa

Taner 12-04-2011 10:15 AM

Alright I will try that out, thank you for all that information. :)

jonnstar 12-12-2011 07:08 PM

Ask your doctor for a prescription for 30 capsules of fluconazole 100mg.

Take 2 on day 1, then one every day till they are finished. This will kill 99.9% of the candida in your body within a few days.

Start taking a probiotic to reballance your digestive system and keep the candida from comming back.

Dont worry about crackpot diets and such like.

sugarcrave 01-13-2012 11:20 AM

I completely relate to what you're going through and understand the lack of concentration, memory. I've suffered from it for 12 years and now I've started to feel better. The probiotics are always good but it depends on which ones and you need "live" food and enzymes going in you. I couldn't do dairy at all because of allergies but fermented dairy is what you need. It just needs to be from the right type of cow and the processing needs to minimal. A good cleanse would be good but I know that's easier said than done.. If we could talk sometime I could explain the diet better and how to get relief but I know what you mean very hard to stay on. Got to find something that gives you the carb fill up but fights it at the same time to boost immunity. I didn't follow it either, but added some pro-biotics.

John

fineartmarcella 01-14-2012 12:51 AM

Have you tried the spit test?
It is almost 100% accurate

Taner 01-28-2012 06:57 PM

Here is my update.

[B]Background[/B]
Even healthier diet than before, I am eating more vegetables, less sugar, no caffeine, more fats and more protein. (Caffeine gave me cold hands somehow.) I don't drink milk, small amounts of soymilk, and daily kefir. I supplement with multi-vitamins and also D3. I take flaxseed oils, pau'd arco, oil of oregano and spirulina. I stay active with running, biking and working out.

[B]Good News:[/B][LIST][*]Acne[/LIST]Most about 70% of acne went away from change in diet. What did I change? I removed bread and everything with yeast in it. Since I forgot most breads had loads of yeast in em.[LIST][*]Energy[/LIST]I have been able to gain back some energy after not eating yeast. For example this year I did the pacer test. (Run 100m in between the played beeps on the pacer CD.) They get faster and faster after every ten beeps. This year I did 101 laps, and I came out top of my class. Last year I did 104 laps. I do XC so this is no surprise, but still good.[LIST][*]Tests[/LIST]I got loads of tests done on my blood, urine and stool.
Loads of things were tested, about 25 tests and most came up healthy. Although there was some bad news such as very low vitamin D levels, tested positive for Mononucleosis, and my Deep iron stores were low.

[B]Bad News:[/B]
I still have some brain fog, bad short term memory, white tongue, some acne. I have also noticed while doing sit ups I cannot do them smoothly. By that I mean I have lots of muscle twitching in my abs when I do it.. If feel that I cannot focus very well and I am not as happy as before. I feel as if I am always worrying and not enjoying. I feel detached from life. Interaction with other people in person has become more awkward. I get worried about what I say and it always comes out wrong. The supplementation doesn't work very well since I cannot absorb it effectively. My doctor is not helping me since he doesn't know anything about candida..

[B]My Summary of all this:[/B]
The Candida is defiantly here, and removing the intake of every food that had yeast defiantly helped. These health problems + life stress is giving me mild anxiety and depression. I feel that if eliminate what causes the candida it will fix all many other problems. I think I need to start seeing some health adviser for myself, because internet research just won't cut it alone.

[B]Goal[/B]
I need to get this fixed before I am in college, since it will effect a whole hell of a lot. I will not take antibiotics or prescription drugs, I will cure myself naturally. To live happy and healthy.

Spirwarior 06-12-2012 04:27 PM

I had eczema issues and digestive problems that it fixed. What I learned was that antibiotics destroy the stomach acid, which is a part of all skin problems, I think. You have to restore the stomach acids along with correcting the candida problem. Seems like the candida and the low stomach acid are both results from antibiotics that go together. Addressing one without the other didnt work for me. I also had some blood sugar issues that got worked out on his diet. like you antibiotics seem to work for me in the beginning but only made things worse. He told me that antibiotics suppress the immune system which makes it seem like they're doing something good, when they're not.

nut4skin 01-16-2013 06:32 AM

[QUOTE=jonnstar;4894055]Ask your doctor for a prescription for 30 capsules of fluconazole 100mg.

Take 2 on day 1, then one every day till they are finished. This will kill 99.9% of the candida in your body within a few days.

Start taking a probiotic to reballance your digestive system and keep the candida from comming back.

Dont worry about crackpot diets and such like.[/QUOTE]

Hi John.. Can u tell me if you are sure this will work and how u know it doies work? sorry im questioning you but i have gone thru hell trying to get well again and the dr's arent of much help usually, i managed to get my dr to give me the prescription, gota pick it up yet, im prayin to god it works!

nut4skin 01-16-2013 10:29 PM

does anyone know? i see "john" hasnt been here in awhile :(

does anyone know if what he said about yeast bein cured by taking 2 100mg fluconozile first day then one after each day til 30 gone, does it work?

BFGuru 01-23-2013 09:22 AM

I have worked with women with recurrent yeast issues for both themselves and their nurslings. Fluconizole does help. For those with systemic infections it may take more rounds, combined with increasing acidophilus in your system, but it tends to work. Acidophilus in any milk product be it kefir or yogurt still is combined with sugar. It is better to get capsules (refrigerated live cultures) and take a double dose a couple times a day I found when dealing with an active infection (I normally take a double dose an hour after every time I dose with an antibiotic as a preventative). Good luck.