It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
(male)

pizza-face HB User
Question Coconut oil & Grapefruit seed extract to combat Candida ?

read that these 2 can do wonders against candida, anyone has any experience ?

Old 01-10-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Coconut oil & Grapefruit seed extract to combat Candida ?

Pizza Face:
Those products help but you really must be on a very strict candida diet in order for any supplements to help. How do you know you have candida and what are your symptoms?
Lala

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2012, 03:14 AM   #3
(male)

pizza-face HB User

well, i read up the symptoms and i have most of them !

but you can never be sure, right ?

Old 01-13-2012, 03:15 AM   #4
(male)

pizza-face HB User

well, i read up the symptoms and i have most of them !

but you can never be sure, right ?

Old 02-13-2012, 02:16 PM   #5
(male)

Mr Purple HB User

Tried both of these and they were ineffective. Grapefruit seed extract may work as an antioxidant and coconut oil as a source of easily digestable calorific energy (medium chain fatty acid)

Old 02-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mr. Purple:
Do you have any other suggestions? I would love something that really works. laLa

The following user gives a hug of support to lala52:
Nezpierce (02-20-2012)
Old 02-15-2012, 05:09 AM   #7
(male)

Nezpierce HB User

Lala I wanted to chime in, new to the forum. I've battled this for years (approx 25) and what I found was that both coconut oil and grapefruit seed extract are only effective with a combination of enzymes that not only destroy the cell wall of the yeast, but work in conjunction with specific probiotic bacteria to inhibit fungal overgrowth and neutralize the toxins that have been produced by the fungus. And that's where you start to really feel the difference.
And "what a difference!"

Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #8
(male)

Nezpierce HB User

Lala, allow me to chime in if you will. I've been battling this fungal yeast overgrowth for about 25 years now and what I found was coconut oil and grapefruit seed extract are essential but not effective alone to combat the systemic yeast overgrowth. I believe it's the malic acid in the coconut oil that denatures the cell wall of the fungus is how it was explained. And the grapefruit seed extract is an effective anti fungal, but the problem is that fungal yeast are very cany, and learn to adapt to their environment. I found that when incorporated with additional enzymes as well as specific probiotic bacteria to retard and neutralize the toxins, along with maintaining a diet, my health improved dramatically.

Include them in your arsenal of "weapons of mass destruction" for an effective and efficient frontal assault on fungal yeast invasion!

Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nezpierce:
You are welcome to chime in anytime you like. I would like to know what your symptoms were and how do you know it was definitely candida. Also what specific enzymes do you take. Also, are you perfect on the candida diet or do you cheat like most of us. The diet is impossible. I would love more "chiming in" lol. Lala

Old 02-16-2012, 09:19 AM   #10
(male)

Nezpierce HB User

Lala, these are the symptoms I've experienced.
Abdominal Bloating
Gas - Excessive
Itching on Scalp, Back, Eyes, and Ear Canal
Oral Thrush on Tongue
Sinus Headaches
Excessive Ear Wax
Severe Back Pain due to Prostatitis
Arthritic pain in Extremities
Leg Pain as in Restless Leg Syndrome
Extreme Muscle Aches
Over secretion of saliva
Excessive dry skin
Hemorrhoids
Rashes on Genitals
Brain Fog
Scalp Sores or Lesions
Vision disturbances (floaters)
Tightness in Perianal area due to Prostatitis
Diarrhea and Constipation
White slime on bowels
Brown Strong Smelling Urine

And all this is from self-diagnosis. You think after 25 years I'd learn a few things.
I tried all the "usual suspects" with regards to natural anti-fungals. I never consulted with a physician for a prescription med. Although the only exception was on a cruise to Mexico where I purchased generic Difulcan and that worked like a charm to eliminate the symptoms. But that eventually ran out. The turn-around point for me was the combination of Dr. Ohira's probiotic, Candex enzyme and Syntol AMD. After the first month major symptoms started to subside. Granted I eliminated the beer, root beer floats, butter pecan ice cream in excess. Now notice I said in excess. I still sporadically endulge, but the cravings have disappeared.

Now that's what worked for me. And the Prostatitis is eliminated.
Candida fungus is no joke. It's the return of "the body snatchers!"

Old 02-16-2012, 09:10 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nezpierce:
thanks for your input. I will look into those products. I have tried many to no avail. I am not even certain if that is my problem. My story is involved. It all started with some kind of a virus or upper resp infection or something like that. Nothing out of the ordinary. i was put on an antibiotic for the usual 7 or 10 days. this was about 7 years ago. I was never the same since. After i got over the initial sickness i ended up with something like a chronic fatigue syndrome type of feeling. A few months later i started to develop stomach issues. I went to many drs with no answers. I felt horrible. Chronic gas, feeling sick all over (hard to explain) but something felt very off. I could barely get out of bed. My legs ached and my arms and legs felt very heavy to lift up. I remember having low grade fevers once in a while. I went to many drs and somebody in a health food store mentioned candida. I looked into it and it sounded like it fit. I went to a chiropractor/nutritionist and he had this wierd machine that diagnosis thru some kind of sound waves or something like it. I can't explain it but it showed deficiencies and allergies in the body. It showed that i had candida and a virus. He gave me all different kinds of supplements and put me on the candida diet. I was a little better but 8 weeks later i went on a cruise and ate everything and i was back to being sick. This was ongoing for a few years. Then all of a sudden, the CFS was better but i started getting tingling on the top of my head. Also a balance issue and my ears felt full and sometimes pain in them but fleeting. I might get a pain for a second. My nose seems runny at the same time as all this is going on. It seems very neurological. I I also have extreme neck pain. I thought maybe lyme disease but i tested negative many times. But i also know that is is hard to detect lyme. I have had cat scans of the brain. MRIs of the neck and back. Balance test and tons of other tests. Almost everything is fine. But yet i feel sick. I also have chronic chronic gas. But anyway, i will continue my story 2morrow because i am starting to feel like i have to go to sleep. I will continue in the morning. Bye for now. LaLa

Old 02-18-2012, 10:16 PM   #12
(male)

johnone HB User

i have been taking grapefruit seed extract for awhile and i don't really see an improvement. i will try coconut oil next

Old 02-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nez:
Can you explain to me about the products that you take? They all seem to be very similar. How do they differ and is it ok to take all three. Is that overdoing it? LaLa

Old 02-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #14
(male)

Nezpierce HB User

Lala,
Both Candex and Syntol AMD, are yeast digesting enzymes (with the exception of added probiotic bacteria in Syntol) which neutralizes decaying yeast and the toxins it produces. What differentiates one from the other is the type and amount of enzyme in each formulation. Enzymes target the plant protein. More specifically the cell wall of which contains the functioning part of the yeast cell. It also destroys the toxic byproducts which invades the organs in your body giving you the symptoms you experience. They're basically digestive enzymes that should be present in the food we consume. However due to over processing and synthetic engineering of the food we eat, it's absent and our body has to over compensate for the loss. So it's extremely necessary you supplement your diet. These are organic enzymes, so you can never get enough.

The probiotic bacteria keeps the naturally occurring yeast in your digestive tract in check so you don't have overgrowth or a "fungal invasion." Over consumption of antibiotics via prescription and in the food are the culprits.

All three synergistically restore and maintain systemic balance.

It worked for me!

Old 02-21-2012, 04:32 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nez:
It is very complicated to me. There are thousands of products out there to fight yeast. Most people say that the only real cure is the candida diet. Did you get cured and still eat some carbs? LaLa

Closed Thread