It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2012, 06:41 AM   #16
(female)

Blah49 HB UserBlah49 HB User
Re: Candida misery!!!

maybe mucinex for the back of the throat stuff, cuz it breaks up any type congestion and thins it out so it will drain.

Old 02-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #17
(male)

johnone HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
John:
I tried kefir. it did not work for me. What next? LaLa

so far the kefir isn't doing anything for me yet either. i don't know what to do now....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

John:
I am in the same boat. Kefir did not do anything for me. I have no answers. I have chronic gas that is ruining my life. One thing i do want to mention is that i noticed that because the candida diet is so restrictive, basically we can only eat veggies and protein, that when i go out for dinner and i don't eat almost all veggies, i have less gas. It is a catch 22 because i find that all the veggies give me more gas then when I go out for dinner on the weekend and i live it up and don't eat veggies. So what do we do? Lala

Old 02-01-2012, 06:32 PM   #19
(female)

quietob HB User

Quote:
...I have no answers. I have chronic gas that is ruining my life. One thing i do want to mention is that i noticed that because the candida diet is so restrictive, basically we can only eat veggies and protein, that when i go out for dinner and i don't eat almost all veggies, i have less gas. It is a catch 22 because i find that all the veggies give me more gas then when I go out for dinner on the weekend and i live it up and don't eat veggies. So what do we do? Lala
A lot of mention of gas in this candida thread. I, too, have this problem but it is better now that I am taking digestive enzymes. Because I am also lactose intolerant and have hypoglycemia, I take a full spectrum digestive enzyme. If you just have problems with digesting vegetables, an enzyme with cellulase only might help.

If you want to try digestive enzymes, you should take the capsule with your first mouthful of food or immediately before eating.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:52 PM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Quite:
I have been on digestive enzymes and i did not notice a difference. Which ones do you take? How do you know you have candida and is anything else in your body suffering from candida?
LaLa

Old 02-03-2012, 04:55 PM   #21
(female)

quietob HB User

Quote:
Quite:
I have been on digestive enzymes and i did not notice a difference. Which ones do you take? How do you know you have candida and is anything else in your body suffering from candida?
LaLa
That's unfortunate that digestive enzymes didn't help you. I want to clarify that I still have gas, just not as bad as before I started using digestive enzymes and probiotics. A naturopathic doctor explained to me something about leaky gut syndrome. Yeast can literally poke microscopic holes in the lining of the intestines and this can cause you to lose nutrients and really run you down.

The brand I use Swiss Natural, is probably only available in Canada since the label says it's manufactured here. But it contains the following enzymes: Protease, Lipase, Amylase, Cellulose, Amyloglucosidase, Hemicellulase and Lactase. But these are probably standard ingredients for any brand of broad spectrum digestive enzymes. I don't think there's anything magical in what I'm taking. I googled up on this before posting and digestive enzymes don't benefit everyone. In fact, though extremely rare, some people can have some side effects from them such as a burning sensation in the stomach.

I know you said you get the gas really bad after eating veggies but is it at all possible your gas is caused by something else such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, lactose intolerance or Celiac disease? I have those conditions too (just found out about Celiac) and I know for sure that yeast overgrowth is only one of many reasons why I have digestive problems.

As for how I know I have Candida...long story that goes waaay back about 23 years. It was so long ago and I was diagnosed with a whole slew of medical issues around the same time that were so much more serious than Candidiasis (which is what it was called) that I simply don't remember whether I had any blood tests. I do know I had some vaginal swabs taken and that's when my doctor said I had Candidiasis.

I had a fuzzy coating on my tongue and a vaginal yeast infection 24/7 for months on end. As bad as the constant severe itching and tenderness was, it took a back seat to being diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, GERD (reflux), Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Narcolepsy and a viral infection to name a few. I believe I fell victim to yeast overgrowth because I was going through a serious life trauma at the time which caused me to be under relentless stress and have severe insomnia. My immune system was besieged and the viral infection was the final nail in the coffin.

Something unexpected happened to make me realize that I had yeast throughout my digestive tract. I had to have a barium enema and the preparation involved taking a laxative and drinking this horrible salty drink to completely clear out my bowels. I pretty much sat on the toilet for a whole day with water gushing out of me. For the first time the sludge was gone off my tongue and I had no vaginal yeast infection. The yeast must have been flushed right out of my system. It was such a relief but it didn't last long. About three weeks later, the yeast came back.

The only other time I got relief was when I went on a Candida purge. For three months I followed this incredibly strict diet. Not even a piece of fruit. It was maddening but I knew I had to stick it out. By the end of the three months, I was, apparently yeast free again. But it didn't last. Financially (as I was now on disability) and psychologically, I couldn't keep it up.

However, to this day, I don't eat anything with yeast in it. A few years ago, just to experiment, just to see what would happen, I bought a loaf of bread. I had four slices of toast and within about six hours I had a severe yeast infection like I used to get. Unfortunately, I have a sweet tooth and I'm a chocoholic, so I have what I would call a chronic mild case of Candida. I don't eat that many sweets, even chocolate, but if I overdo it, say eat several cookies, I get a pretty bad yeast infection.

Because of all the other craziness going on in my life, not the least of which is an unexplained neurological condition that has put me in a wheelchair, I'm not going quite as crazy with Candida as other posters here. But because I know how aggravating it is, I really just wanted to chime in with my comment to sweetlola who was wondering if anybody with Candida also has Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. And I wanted to give my tip about using a softened capsule of L. Acidophilus as a suppository for vaginal yeast infections, something which you guys probably knew about anyway.

Like I said, long story!

By the way, if you think being on a special diet for Candida is insane, try adding "no gluten" to the mix. Just had my first slice of gluten-free "bread"-- so disgusting I was gagging on it. BRUTAL

Last edited by quietob; 02-03-2012 at 05:07 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to quietob For This Useful Post:
gasproblem (05-15-2012)
Closed Thread