It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2012, 06:37 PM   #1
(female)

sweetlola HB User
Candida misery!!!

Hi! I need some advice!! I am going crazy!! I have been suffering from chronic yeast infections for over a year now--all the doctor does is prescribe me diflucan--the last time i went it, he prescribed 150mg a week for a month-=-i'm on week 3 and i still have a yeast infection!!!! I've been taking a probiotic, grapefruit seed extract, and even washing down there with grapefruit seed extract--I'm at my whits end!!! I started the candida diet a couple of weeks ago--(but still eating vinegars, dressings etc.) just cut out the obvious breads, sweets etc. One of my friends thinks I maybe have poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Anyone else have chronic yeast infections and PCOS?

The following user gives a hug of support to sweetlola:
BLUEDUST (01-23-2012)
Old 01-24-2012, 03:44 AM   #2
(male)

johnone HB User
Re: Candida misery!!!

i have oral thrush and i am guessing intestinal candida too. i am also taking grape fruit seed extract,probiotics,and kefir. i took the diflucan and the nystatin and it did not help. this yeast is so annoying and that candida diet seems impossible to do. i am lost with this

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
(female)

emerrube HB User
Angry Re: Candida misery!!!

I just found out that I've been having chronic yeast infections. I had a totally different idea on what they were...or could be. So I've just started the probiotics and candex. my mom thought I might have candida. I'm still researching it though. the doctors are no help, I swear. I'm ****** too that I have another yeast infection. the doctor gave me something just last week for one. here's hoping you find the answer for you! I might try the candida diet soon, but like I've seen and read it's really restrictive. yikes.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
(female)

Blah49 HB UserBlah49 HB User

have any doctors tested you for diabetes? Sometimes the yeast is a symptom.

Old 01-26-2012, 11:21 AM   #5
(female)

sweetlola HB User

Hey everyone!! Thanks for the responses. Johnone sorry to hear u are suffering from oral thrush. How miserable. The yeast free diet has been hard. Waiting to talk to a dietician about MSG, yeast extract etc. If its ok to eat it. Even all natural chicken broth contains yeast! So frustrating!!! Emerrube I feel your pain! It's maddening! Hope you fInd some answers too! One good thing about being on yeast free diet is I lost 6 pounds!
Blah 49. I have gotten tested for diabetes but was negative. Thanks for suggestiOn though! Hopefully they will get something figured out

Old 01-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

John:
I think we might have spoken before. You said you probably have it in the intestines also. What makes you say that? Do you have intestinal symptoms? I have chronic chronic gas. I take probiotics and grapefruit seed extract. I have taken many different things includes nystatin and diflucan and nothing changes. I don't know what to do. The diet is the worst. There is no life with that diet. I do try for the most part, but i am not on it 100%. talk soon.Lala

Old 01-27-2012, 06:18 AM   #7
(female)

candidamisery- one more thing I thought of, with any T3 and T4 (thyroid panerl), if you had any thyroid issues, and your were doing grafefruit, that would irritate instead of help you. Good Luck

Old 01-27-2012, 06:29 AM   #8
(female)

candidamisery-also on googlesearch, the yeast thing can turn into a bacterial infection meaning you need a medication for a bad bacterial infection and not just diflucan. Not sure if that helps, but worth a try!

Old 01-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Blah:
What do you mean about the grapefruit seed extract and thyroid. I am hypothyroid and have hashimotos and take synthroid. I also take grapefruit seed extract. What does it do? Does it effect the thyroid or does it cause more candida symptoms? i have never heard of any issues with it? LaLa

Old 01-27-2012, 11:35 AM   #10
(female)

lala52, all I can tell you is I went thru much misery for several years and went and studied for myself what my body needs. When I took a synthetic throid hormone, I was a mess,] not saying anything negative about them, it just didn't work for me. After searching many avenues, the Dr. I went to suggested testing my free t3 and free t4, and boom, there it was. That low thyroid got better with armour thyroid and low carb and low sugar intake. Yeast went away, not sure what it was or why, but all together, it made my system so much better. I was so confused at first, I even went to a class about alkaline foods which is supposed to be better. Cant say I stuck to that, but I tried it! The grapefruit is called a goitregen, which means it takes away from your thyroid, as does soy and a few vegetables and I only did this thru studying. When I went to the best Dr. in my area for my problems, he pointed out the difference my diet would make and hormones can also play a role. I feel very blessed to have a Dr. that took the time to research and study this as well.

Old 01-27-2012, 01:25 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

BLah:
thanks for your reply. is your dr. in the new york area. Also, what type of a dr is he. A regular md or a natural dr. i have been to many. I have so many symptoms. Dont have time now to get into it. But i am not well. Just one of the issues is very bad digestive issues nad chronic chronic gas. Talk you later. LaLa

Old 01-27-2012, 01:59 PM   #12
(female)

LALA- I think in the New York area, you probably have a large choice of drs that know their stuff. I am in and near Dallas, TX and it took me awhile to find the correct dr. He is an MD, but I searched online for thyroid doctors with thyroid issues themselves. In Texas, I inquired by first looking under best Doctors in Texas for hypothyroid and drilled down from there. I joined a support group online and found a wealth of information there. Some Drs. have totally different beliefs on how to treat thyroid/hormone imbalance issues, yeast issues, etc. After 20 years of synthroid and normal TSH, I asked if there was anything else my doctor could test for since I was having multiple issues and depression was setting in. He sent me to a fellow Dr. that he went to school with and this dr. did nine blood vials of tests. Most important, for me, was the other thyroid tests, the FREE T3 and Free T4. Also had deficiencies in hormones, vitamins and adrenal glands were messed up! It is so technical and confusing, but my thyroid was not producing or converting properly. May I please suggest a book by an expert? Stop the Thyroid Madness is where I learned so very much after my digging and the Dr. actually told me to buy this book and study it and come back and tell me what I thought. I cried so much after realizing I wasn't crazy, there really was a reason for all of this. The thyroid plays a very vital role in our overall health. My Dr. was an internist and my health is 99% improved. God bless you and good luck. Dont hesitate to ask more, I will be glad to talk to you. Dont give up, Doctors do care!

Old 01-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #13
(male)

johnone HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
John:
I think we might have spoken before. You said you probably have it in the intestines also. What makes you say that? Do you have intestinal symptoms? I have chronic chronic gas. I take probiotics and grapefruit seed extract. I have taken many different things includes nystatin and diflucan and nothing changes. I don't know what to do. The diet is the worst. There is no life with that diet. I do try for the most part, but i am not on it 100%. talk soon.Lala

yup i have chronic gas everyday,and i too have taken all the things you mentioned but still have the symptoms. i am trying kefir right now

Old 01-28-2012, 09:08 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

John:
I tried kefir. it did not work for me. What next? LaLa

Old 01-29-2012, 01:36 AM   #15
(female)

quietob HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetlola View Post
Hi! I need some advice!! I am going crazy!! I have been suffering from chronic yeast infections for over a year now--all the doctor does is prescribe me diflucan--the last time i went it, he prescribed 150mg a week for a month-=-i'm on week 3 and i still have a yeast infection!!!! I've been taking a probiotic, grapefruit seed extract, and even washing down there with grapefruit seed extract--I'm at my whits end!!! I started the candida diet a couple of weeks ago--(but still eating vinegars, dressings etc.) just cut out the obvious breads, sweets etc. One of my friends thinks I maybe have poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Anyone else have chronic yeast infections and PCOS?
I suffer from recurrent yeast infections and the worst thing is eating anything with sugar in it. I treat myself to something and BAM, I'm right back to square one. It sucks! Obviously, everybody chiming in knows about avoiding all the yeast triggers such as sugar, vinegar, bread, etc. but we're still having problems. You know yeast is nasty stuff when the sole purpose of it's presence in the human body is to begin the decomposition of your body as soon as you die.

I take oral probiotics every day. If you can find one with the highest percentage of L. acidophilus, this is the best strain for combatting yeast, especially vaginal yeast.

To the one guy on this thread, John(?), you might want to skip reading this part.

If you get a vaginal yeast outbreak, run a probiotic capsule under very warm tap water. When it is softened, but before it disintegrates, insert it like a suppository. It usually clears up the worst of it in one day and a second treatment clears it up altogether. A 100% L. acidophilus capsule is best for this if you can find it.

There's just one catch. You will have to wear a liner in your underwear because it causes a sticky watery discharge. That's a good thing though, because it means the yeast is being killed off.

What I can't seem to get rid of is this sludge of yeast at the back of my throat. It's very uncomfortable. It feels like I've got something stuck in the back of my throat. I try to dislodge it with a cotton swab but that just makes me gag. I'm constantly swallowing, trying to get rid of it.

PS. sweetlola I have PCOS. Hmm...

Closed Thread