It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2012, 02:27 AM   #1
(female)

mehappy HB User
I was just diagnosed with candida

I was just told that I have candida.
I need help to figure out how and what I am allowed to eat?
What should I be changing in my life now?
I want to get better as quickly as I possibly can.

I have dizzy spells that are insane. I cant get out of bed. That is the main symptom that I have.

Thanks.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: I was just diagnosed with candida

Mehappy:
How did you get that diagnosis? Why did the dr who diagnosed you not have put you on a treatment plan? Anyway, welcome to the horrible world of candida. I am been suffering with millions of symptoms. You are lucky you only have two. It is very hard to treat. I have tried everything to no avai. I think he diet is the biggest thing but it is so impossible ti stay on it which is the reason that i think most people dont get total resolve. You can't eat anything. Basically just protein and veggies. You can also take some anti candida supplements. There are many different ones. Go to a good health food store or good vitamin store and ask a knowledgeable person to help you. People talk highly of grapefruit seed extract. I take that but no change. Also you should be taking a good probiotic. Also there is a product called candex that is suppose to be good. Also there are prescription drugs like Nystatin or Diflucan. There are so many things out there I cant think off the top now. Are you really dizzy or do you feel an imbalance? I have tingling on the top of my head and a feeling of imbalance and also severe neck pain and my ears will get a pain in them once in a while also my nose seems run at the same time. Also stomacn issues like chronic chronic gas. Plus tons of other things. I have been go many drs with no answers. So i feel like it is probably candida. The battle continues. Hope you get resolve. Keep in touch. LaLa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

MrAK HB UserMrAK HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehappy View Post
I was just told that I have candida.
I need help to figure out how and what I am allowed to eat?
ANS: If you really want it gone quickly than I would recommend do leafy green RAW veg's with bragg's apple cider vinegar dressing and organic olive oil (if it's not from greece, it's fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehappy View Post
What should I be changing in my life now?
ANS: AVOID THE FOLLOWING: SUGARS, ALCOHOL, REFINED CARB, GRAINS, YEAST RELATED FOODS, MEAT TREATED WITH HORMONES.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:04 AM   #4
(female)

ttomtom HB User

Hello All:

I suffered from the most severe case of candida for the last six months. It stemmed from IV steroid and antibiotic treatment due to an allergic reaction to a tattoo that had formaldehyde in the pigment! I was so sick, I lost my job, lost 40 pounds because I couldn't eat, suffered from severe allergies to my pain meds (I'm about to have neck surgery) and also suffered from bloating, chronic fatigue, hair loss, and the worst was half of my spleen became calcified and I now have a heart murmur. (Yes, this can happen.). I took nystatin, candex, cleanses, you name it. The only thing that worked was to stay on a strict candida (no sugar/gluten/dairy/fermented foods) diet and see a homeopath that does nutritional response therapy. He gave me a tincture called Mycocan-Chord by Energetix that knocked it out in one week! But, I also had a lot of other things wrong with me. Please see a homeopath, because unless you have candemia where it is septic, a medical doctor cannot help. Also the Candida Guidebook is the best book out there. Good luck!

Last edited by hb-mod; 07-27-2012 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, or recommend Internet searches, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ttomassini:
I have severe problems also that I think is candida but in NY there is no blood test for it.I have symptoms of Lyme also. They overlap but I have no real diagnosis. I have been to many natural drs and have tried millions of things for candida. To no avail. I have been on the candida diet but not for a long time. I do eat healthy but on weekends I do like to have my vodka and I enjoy going out to dinner and eating bread and things that are not on the diet. I will look into that tincture you mentioned but I am wondering, how long were you on a strict candida diet? LaLa

Old 07-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
(female)

ttomtom HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
ttomassini:
I have severe problems also that I think is candida but in NY there is no blood test for it.I have symptoms of Lyme also. They overlap but I have no real diagnosis. I have been to many natural drs and have tried millions of things for candida. To no avail. I have been on the candida diet but not for a long time. I do eat healthy but on weekends I do like to have my vodka and I enjoy going out to dinner and eating bread and things that are not on the diet. I will look into that tincture you mentioned but I am wondering, how long were you on a strict candida diet? LaLa
Hi LaLa,
I was on the diet for six months. I hate to say it, but you have to be strict. The yeast causes the cravings for sugar, that's what it feeds off of. Which means, no alcohol, gluten, dairy, fruit (for the first two weeks), and artificial sugar as well - it turns into formaldehyde and spikes your insulin levels. Also, no mushrooms, nothing fermented, so no vinegar. And there is also wheat in soy sauce, so if you like sashimi, bring a bottle of tamari with you. It is very hard to follow, but I ended up losing 50 pounds, and I stopped drinking a year prior due to my pain medications (I'm about to have neck surgery) so I have actually lost 75 pounds total. My diet consisted of hormone/grass fed chicken, (no pork, lunch meats (nitrates), all veggies except the high starch ones (think green), fish, seafood, and quinoa for grains. And tons of water. Warm water with lemon in the am and before bed aids digestion. A good book is the Candida Guidebook . And regarding the dairy, you can replace milk and cheese with Almond milk and almond cheese, and it's not that bad. Also, Stevia and Xylitol are two sweeteners you can use in place of sugar.

The bloodtest I took came from an infectious disease doc. Most gp's wouldn't do it, or couldn't. My surgeon wouldn't operate on me until he was sure I didn't have it in my bloodstream. It takes 3-5 weeks for the yeast to appear in the blood. And it was tricky to have performed, I had to go have blood drawn 3 days in a row. He was testing for candemia. Not candida albicans overgrowth, that is undetecable in the blood, hence, why we are misdiagnosed so often. Hope that helps!

Last edited by hb-mod; 07-28-2012 at 12:46 PM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, or recommend Internet searches, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
(female)

MFast HB User

Do you have symptoms in the sinus, eye, ear or dizziness with candida?

Old 08-07-2012, 04:31 PM   #8
(female)

ttomtom HB User

I didn't have sinus symptoms, mine were more GI related. I became very bloated, and my immune system shut down. I have lost half of my spleen since it attacked that organ, and it also caused me to get a heart murmur, so if you let it go too far, it can really attack your organs. I also got severe systemic allergies (to my pain medications and anti-inflammatories) and debilitating chronic fatigue syndrome. The Mycan-Chord was the best tincture to help the candida, but only homeopaths that practice Nutritional Response Therapy can dispense it.

I do know that candida can cause sinus problems, dizziness, etc. It definitely mentioned that in the numerous books I read, including the candida guidebook. In the meantime, if you can't find a doctor that can get you that tincture, Whole Foods sells Candex which sometimes kills off the candida. That can help in the meantime along with diet.

The Following User Says Thank You to ttomtom For This Useful Post:
MFast (08-07-2012)
Old 08-07-2012, 07:47 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

As i have stated before, i have ear pain, balance problems, sometimes a feeling of being lightheaded, tingling on top of head, running nose, watery eyes and sometimes my vision seems a little clouded, sinus type of feeling behind my eyes, lots of digestive issues and a very heavy head, etc, etc. the list goes on. The thing is that I am not sure if all of these symptoms are candida. I still question Lyme. Mostly because of the tingling and balance and joint pain. LaLa

Old 08-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
(female)

MFast HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
As i have stated before, i have ear pain, balance problems, sometimes a feeling of being lightheaded, tingling on top of head, running nose, watery eyes and sometimes my vision seems a little clouded, sinus type of feeling behind my eyes, lots of digestive issues and a very heavy head, etc, etc. the list goes on. The thing is that I am not sure if all of these symptoms are candida. I still question Lyme. Mostly because of the tingling and balance and joint pain. LaLa
I'm so sorry - sounds very similar to my son's problems. He saw an MD who is now more of an allergist/naturopath who took blood and stool for testing. He will get the results when we see him on the 15th. I'll let you know what the testing shows.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:15 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mfast:
Does your son have bloating, gas, indigestion also? What about the tingling and balance issues. It feels like my equilibrium is off and my head is ready to explode. Please keep me posted. thanks. LaLa

Old 08-15-2012, 08:51 PM   #12
(female)

danceisapoem HB User

I had chronic vaginal yeast infections, white tongue, acid reflux, gas, bloating, etc, and my doctor was eyeballing labeling it Candida.

I found the best way to beat it was COMPLETELY altering my diet, which I did not so much because of just the yeast factor, but because I wanted to change my lifestyle. You can eat more than you think, but you have to research it thoroughly, and stay away from ANYTHING that has ANY amount of starchy carbs, sugars, etc. Drink lots of water (I do 3-4 litres a day), eat as many raw, leafy veggies as you can. Stay away from dairy. The "paleo" diet seems to compliment this to some extent. I actually went pesco vegetarian, but ended up having to take iron supplements, which was no big deal. If you can stick to a good regimented diet, add a few supplements (I found both St. Francis' Farms' Fungafect, as well as just plain oregano oil daily, helped a lot. Talk to homeopaths, holistic practitioners, and naturopaths, cuz they're usually incredibly helpful on the "healthy lifestyle maintenance" front.

I've always been physically active, but I think my getting into a real physical fitness regime helped a lot as well. I found a great deal with a trainer doing small classes with lots of one-on-one attention. Yeh, it's not that cheap, but what I saved from not hanging out at the bar helped offset it. I now only do hot yoga (Bikrams) 3-5 times a week, and, amongst other positives, the purging via sweat helps a TON.

I believe that its a matter of beefing up your immune system, making your body as healthy and efficient as possible, and cutting off any sort of food source for the yeast. If you can maintain this for a sustained period of time, say a year, you may very well knock it out of the park like I managed to. I have had zero symptoms for at least four or five years, and I cheat and eat "bad carbs" (refined flour based foods), sugary stuff (odd chocolate bar or cookies) now and then, and I love beer, but not anywhere as frequently as I used to. It's a balance, and about being good more often than not.

Hope that helps a little...
Good luck!

Old 08-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #13
(female)

ttomtom HB User

No problem. Also The Yeast Connection by Dr. Crook has an overview, but I found that the guidebook helped the best.

My candida has returned after being gone for a month after a six month battle, luckily the medicine that my homeopath uses to clear it up in days arrives tomorrow, but I am going to try a complete cleanse as that is the one thing that I didn't do and I think contributed to its return. We'll see crossing fingers!

Last edited by moderator2; 08-15-2012 at 10:02 PM. Reason: posted disallowed website

Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 AM   #14
(female)

MARPLE08 HB User

Hi La La, one does not 'catch' Candida as it already lives in the body. However, when the immune sytem is comprimised by othe infections eg glandular fever/flu/STD's, or bombarded with too many hormones or medications, then it can overgorow and cause the symptoms that it does.

Closed Thread