It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2012, 06:44 AM   #1
(female)

thevodika4 HB User
New Here... 16 days in...

Hello, My name is Becky. I started the candida diet 16 days ago and feel worse everyday. My Dr. told me that I should feel amazing by day 10. I have NO energy, my muscles are weak, I don't have an appetite and I'm moody. I came here because my Dr. is out of the office today AND because it looks like there's a lot of experience on this board. He does have me taking diflucan but I was wondering... do I need supplements? I take coconut oil morn and night, but nothing else. Please, any advice to help me feel better would be appreciated!!

Old 02-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
(female)

thevodika4 HB User
Re: New Here... 16 days in...

I should also add that I am taking armour thyroid for my severe thyroid problems and am wondering if the dose isn't enough??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-19-2012, 07:07 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

thevodika:
how do you know you have candida? Your symptoms that you describe sound like your thyroid. We need more info. LaLa

Old 02-19-2012, 08:33 AM   #4
(female)

thevodika4 HB User

I am being treated for candida by a doctor. My candida symptoms are severe vulvar itching for the past 3 years, breast tenderness almost constantly, and bowel issues among other things. I can say that those symptoms have all disapeared, it's been amazing!! My doctor did say he may have to adjust my armour thyroid since I just switched from sunthroid and they weren't sure how my body would adjust. I had pretty bad die off in the first week and right now I have a pretty bad head cold but I still have really weak muscles (it's hard to blowdry my hair) and I am exhausted (more worn out than actually sleepy). My chiropractor did just start me on some supplements but I am still wondering if this is normal.

Old 02-19-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

thevodika:
your symptoms definitely sounds like thyroid now. the other symptoms sound like candida. just curious....what supplements were you on for the candida? Just looking for new things. I have not gotten resolve yet, but i also can't stay on that candida diet. I am good during the week. I eat very healthy. but come the weekend, i want a social life. and with a social life comes eating and drinking. LaLa

Old 02-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
(female)

thevodika4 HB User

Lala, the supplements that my chiropractor put me on are for energy and immune system, not candida. I have read and heard that the diet is the key even after you detox. I know that when I go back to my Dr. on the 27th he will probably let me reintroduce fruits but it will probably be a while before I can have breads. I also know that I may never be able to eat like I used to. My Dr. said that when you have this, you will always be more prone to it. I am not experienced, but it seems that maybe during the weekend when you eat and drink freely it's ruining your whole week of being good. Almost like your body has to detox every week so you are never really getting rid of the yeast or feeling better. Just a thought!

Old 02-20-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

thevodika:
I totally agree with you. I should not be off the diet at all. I just can't do it. Besides wanting the good food, it is also social. If i cant have the food and drinks i want, i might as well stay home. I eat really healthy all week. I go to the gym as least 4 days a week sometimes 5. I drink high PH water that i buy at a special store. And a few different supplements. It is just that on the weekend I want to have a good time. I don't overeat, i just don't eat totally on the candida diet. I also drink vodka. Also, i don't have a definitive diagnosis of candida because in NY we don't have the candida blood test. I think i have it based on some of the natural drs way of testing and the spit test and my symptoms. I have been on the diet a few times for about 8 weeks each time. But that is not enough time. I kind of just gave up. I know i should try it again. I thinki i am just hoping for a miracle supplement. Talk soon. LaLa

Closed Thread