It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
(male)

Rod7855 HB User
Ammonia Urine-like smelling breath PLEASE HELP!!

I am 22 yrs old and I have been suffering from bad breath (ammonia, fish-like odor) since high school. I self diagnosed myself with candida about 4 months ago when one wk I got a really bad case of acid reflux, along with athletes foot, jock it and oral thrush. Since then I've been to a gastrologist, and got an endoscopy done where a small hiatal hernia was discovered. I tested negative for h. pylori and the doctor simply advised me to watch my diet which I had already begun to do (eating a lot more greens daily and cutting back on acidic and processed foods).

My self-diagnosis was confirmed by my primary doc and was prescribed diflucan. The diflucan helped reduce/eradicate the athletes foot and jock itch. The acid reflux and burning sensation in my throat from the acid after meals have subsided after drinking two 16-24 ounces of alkaline water daily for two wks straight. I still have a bad case of oral thrush, metallic taste in mouth, and ammonia breath. From research done online, my problem seems to be a metabolic one or an issue with the excretion of ammonia from my body i.e kidney or liver problems, but I haven't brought this up to my primary doc yet. I Started taking arginine/ornithine and molybdenum to help reduce ammonia in body.

Any ideas on what I could be suffering from or what else can be done to treat these symptoms would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Closed Thread

Tags
bad breath, candida, kidney failure, liver failure