It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
(male)

jcruise HB User
spit test

well - have been having some random and persistent (3-4 mos) symptoms with abdomen pains, slight nausea, dizziness. Have seen my GP a few times. All tests come back fine and haven't gotten far with him. Haven't had any invasive tests (colonoscopy, endoscopy, etc) -- but so far he doesn't think it's needed and doesn't seem to be worried about anything too serious.

So as I've been trying to self-diagnose for weeks since he's not much help... I've come across Candida which sounds pretty darn close to what I'm going through.

Started as lower abdomen pains, sore groin for few weeks, some pelvic ache. Came with slight nausea most days along with some dizziness. For several days my throat muscles felt sore and tight (not like a normal sore throat area...but more up front near Thyroid). Thought maybe Thyroid problem, but tests are fine. Also in there was some stomach pains -- most apparent was a burning feeling in the stomach/lining. Some indigestion and bloating i guess. Then about 5 days in this 4 mos time...I had clear symptoms of Prostatitis (sore testicle, sore taint, weak stream). Thankfully that went away just this week.

other minor symptoms that might agree w Candida --- couple times my lips, tongue and mouth were feeling a little tingly. Along with a few twitches in that area. Also at 38 was getting a few strange pimples on my nose/face. Weren't too concerning...but they would popup real big and tried to pop it was painful and just clear fluid. didn't seem to be a normal pimple.

So all this brings me to this week when I started to think CANDIDA. Finally was happy to at least have somewhat of a (self) diagnosis that would explain all this.

Did the spit test this morning. Clearly started to form into strings falling down the glass. Bam I thought. Then I had my wife do the same to compare. I expected hers to just float...but actually started to fall into strings similar to mine.

So either we both have a problem... or the test isn't reliable???
She may have the same...but doesn't complain of any symptoms. I suppose our bodies react differently, etc.

So my question I guess is.... HOW ACCURATE IS THE SPIT TEST? Does my test mean I definitely have this problem and should look into diet to cure. I guess it couldn't hurt! thanks for listening!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-30-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: spit test

jcruise:

Your symptoms sound like candida. I don't really know how reliable the spit test is. There is a blood test for candida. In NY state, for some reason, we don't have a blood test for it, but in other states there is one. I have been suffering for years with tons of symptoms. I am now on nystatin. It has helped a little but the biggest thing is the diet. What kind of diet do you usually maintain? Do you eat a lot of carbs and sugars? That is a no no for candida. It is the diet from hell. If you truly have candida it is very hard to get rid of. Good luck and keep us posted. LaLa

Closed Thread