It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 12:02 PM   #1
(male)

peter** HB User
I MIGHT have found the answer to my problems

Up until about 4 years ago I had NO problems apart from heartburn and hayfever(these were kept under control with antihistamines and lanzoprazole),but I remember getting a rash on the tops of my arms(I think this was folliculitis)so I was given an ENORMOUS course of antibiotics(erythromycin) and BANG my problems started.I started with with sinusitis then soon after I began with asthma.Ever since then I have had course after course of antibiotics and steroids for my asthma/chest infections.Ive also put on about 2 stone in weight.Ive ALWAYS had a craving for sugar(I love chocolate) and I find it hard to resist bread/pasta although I try to limit that.
Could all this be down to that big antibiotic course which has caused my gut flora to get unbalanced?
When I (sometimes)eat bread I have stomach ache and I have to go to the bathroom.When I have alcohol my sinuses swell and I also have an itchy behind.
I'm a 35 year old male.

Old 04-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

MrAK HB UserMrAK HB User
Re: I MIGHT have found the answer to my problems

Look bud, you are making one of the classic blunders of all time... the first of which is "never enter into a land war against Asia," the second, and slightly lesser known blunder is "never focus on the PROBLEM, only focus on the solution." In other words, for WHATEVER reason, your gut flora is imbalanced, there for, the solution is balance it, period.
For a myriad of reasons, you now have contracted a whole host of concurrent disease states, known and unknown. Therefor, let's deal with the KNOWN first and in doing so see how many disease states resolve.
Number One, you are correct, Candida is a MAJOR player in your life, so:

1. Exercise everyday to relieve stress. Aerobic exercise is especially useful in treating candida as Candida and other fungi do not thrive in a high-oxygen environment. Also, fresh air and regular exercise have a positive effect on immunity.
2. Cut all foods containing yeast including bread, pizza, crackers, pastries, muffins, mushrooms and ferments like soy sauce, cheese, tomato paste, beer and vinegar.
3. Avoid refined carbohydrates as they are known to have a depressant effect on the immune system.
4. Get organic coconut oil which cost about $5-7 dollars from a health food store and take 2 tablespoons of it every morning. It will help give relief from the inflammation caused by yeast (candida), externally and internally to your body.
5. Get apple cider vinegar RAW. I would recommend the one from a company called Bragg's which is about $6 dollars. Take 2 tablespoons of it the moment you wake up from bed and before you go to sleep. It helps encourage the growth of healthy bacteria, which in turn minimizes the overgrowth of candida and balances your body's pH level.
6. Eat lots of leafy Green Veg's every time you are hungry.
7. Get probiotics supplement which cost about 20-30 dollars. Use as directed
8. AVOID ALL SUGAR BASED FOODS

This will starve the candida and reduce you inflammation so the when you see the doctor he will be able to help you recover more quickly. But please this will require effort on your part and since you did take action by seeking help I know you can do what i suggested above . I can tell you from personally experience that this WORKS because I have done this myself

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2012, 03:35 AM   #3
(male)

peter** HB User
Re: I MIGHT have found the answer to my problems

Thanks for the reply.
I've done exactly as you said.I'm taking the braggs cv twice a day but I DO forget sometimes therefore they aren't at regular intervals.I've JUST started to take the coconut oil and I've been taking high doses of probiotics for the last couple of weeks (vsl#3).
I've eaten any wheat but I HAVE been having the odd bits of sugar but this is nowhere near the amount I normally have.I used to eat at least FIVE chocolate bars a day and have 4-6 cups of coffee with maple syrup but now I have jsut one cup per day and no chocolate.I've not noticed a great deal of difference but I take it this can take time.It seems the only thing I need now is will power.

Closed Thread