HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Candida (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/candida/)
-   -   Just A Thought... (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/candida/901333-just-thought.html)

Looking4aAnswer 05-17-2012 09:30 PM

Just A Thought...

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Indigo"]Why can't Candida be present in things that most people detest such as liver, brussels sprouts, tofu, or frog legs just to name a few.

Why does it have to be all the foods we crave because they taste so good? I've found some quite interesting material on this and realize I can't share the websites, but this can have a major impact if gone untreated. I know. I was in ER last night having trouble breathing, so mine's spread to the lungs and I need to take this seriously. The tough part for me is not having anything with sugar. It's in everything from crackers and bread products and places some pretty dreadful limitations on what is acceptable.

My husband and I just purchased an expensive juicer and it allows you to make protein drinks as well as hot soup. We've started to learn how to use it and the recipies that were provided but it sill doesn't replace my favorite caramel milkshake espresso...:D

Looking4aAnswer :bouncing:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

lala52 05-19-2012 07:21 AM

Re: Just A Thought...

Looking:
How do you know that the candida is in your lungs? Also, what did the ER do for it? Do you have chronic stomach issues also, like chronic gas? I know the diet is impossible. I have been suffering for years. I can't stay on the diet strictly for a long period of time. It is torture. lala

solofelix 05-19-2012 11:27 AM

I replied to someone else on the subject of sugar and the Candida Diet.
Having been a sufferer myself giving up sweet foods was terrible as I love chocolate and cakes/desserts.
I found "XLYTOL" which tastes like sugar but is produced from the Birch-Tree and is permitted on the diet to be a super substitute. It can also be used in cooking and makes lovely cookies, I also use it on my morning breakfast cereal.
I have found it to have no adverse effect on my diet and have no Candida now.

Solofelix.

Looking4aAnswer 05-19-2012 11:35 AM

[QUOTE=lala52;4982779]Looking:
How do you know that the candida is in your lungs? Also, what did the ER do for it? Do you have chronic stomach issues also, like chronic gas? I know the diet is impossible. I have been suffering for years. I can't stay on the diet strictly for a long period of time. It is torture. lala[/QUOTE]

la,

Had a CT scan done and it was confirmed.

Looking4aAnswer 05-19-2012 11:38 AM

[QUOTE=solofelix;4982891]I replied to someone else on the subject of sugar and the Candida Diet.
Having been a sufferer myself giving up sweet foods was terrible as I love chocolate and cakes/desserts.
I found "XLYTOL" which tastes like sugar but is produced from the Birch-Tree and is permitted on the diet to be a super substitute. It can also be used in cooking and makes lovely cookies, I also use it on my morning breakfast cereal.
I have found it to have no adverse effect on my diet and have no Candida now.

Solofelix.[/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="4"][COLOR="Indigo"]Solofelix:

I've read a great deal about Xlytol and considering this. I've also purchased a Vitamix and have been making changes on my diet, but as everyone else has stated, it isn't an easy task! :)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]