It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2012, 09:30 PM   #1
(female)

Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User
Just A Thought...

Why can't Candida be present in things that most people detest such as liver, brussels sprouts, tofu, or frog legs just to name a few.

Why does it have to be all the foods we crave because they taste so good? I've found some quite interesting material on this and realize I can't share the websites, but this can have a major impact if gone untreated. I know. I was in ER last night having trouble breathing, so mine's spread to the lungs and I need to take this seriously. The tough part for me is not having anything with sugar. It's in everything from crackers and bread products and places some pretty dreadful limitations on what is acceptable.

My husband and I just purchased an expensive juicer and it allows you to make protein drinks as well as hot soup. We've started to learn how to use it and the recipies that were provided but it sill doesn't replace my favorite caramel milkshake espresso...

Looking4aAnswer

Last edited by Looking4aAnswer; 05-17-2012 at 09:34 PM. Reason: typo

Old 05-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Just A Thought...

Looking:
How do you know that the candida is in your lungs? Also, what did the ER do for it? Do you have chronic stomach issues also, like chronic gas? I know the diet is impossible. I have been suffering for years. I can't stay on the diet strictly for a long period of time. It is torture. lala

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-19-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

I replied to someone else on the subject of sugar and the Candida Diet.
Having been a sufferer myself giving up sweet foods was terrible as I love chocolate and cakes/desserts.
I found "XLYTOL" which tastes like sugar but is produced from the Birch-Tree and is permitted on the diet to be a super substitute. It can also be used in cooking and makes lovely cookies, I also use it on my morning breakfast cereal.
I have found it to have no adverse effect on my diet and have no Candida now.

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
Looking4aAnswer (05-19-2012)
Old 05-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
(female)

Looking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB UserLooking4aAnswer HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lala52 View Post
Looking:
How do you know that the candida is in your lungs? Also, what did the ER do for it? Do you have chronic stomach issues also, like chronic gas? I know the diet is impossible. I have been suffering for years. I can't stay on the diet strictly for a long period of time. It is torture. lala
la,

Had a CT scan done and it was confirmed.

Old 05-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #5
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solofelix View Post
I replied to someone else on the subject of sugar and the Candida Diet.
Having been a sufferer myself giving up sweet foods was terrible as I love chocolate and cakes/desserts.
I found "XLYTOL" which tastes like sugar but is produced from the Birch-Tree and is permitted on the diet to be a super substitute. It can also be used in cooking and makes lovely cookies, I also use it on my morning breakfast cereal.
I have found it to have no adverse effect on my diet and have no Candida now.

Solofelix.
Solofelix:

I've read a great deal about Xlytol and considering this. I've also purchased a Vitamix and have been making changes on my diet, but as everyone else has stated, it isn't an easy task!

Closed Thread