It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
(male)

earthward HB User
Unhappy candida and sugar addiction

I am a little embarassed to post on here but I think I need to get some realistic advice and information.

I have been stuck in an unhealthy cycle of bingeing and restricting for months/years now and I am becoming really worried about what it is doing to my body.

My problem is that while I am really concerned about eating healthy and most of the time I have the best intentions, I am also an emotional eater and occasionally binge on mostly sugary breakfast cereals and carbs and high calorie junk food. I have been doing this for a long time and the wierd thing is that even though I no longer purge, I have not gained weight and if anything have a tendency to lose weight. I am actually under my ideal weight range. I have no idea what happens to all the excess calories I consume. However since I'm not putting on weight I figure SOMETHING other than my own body must be digesting all the excess food ....(i.e. micro-organisms like candida?) Symptoms that I often have after I have binged are extremely sufluric gas, diarea/constipation, blurry eyes, itchy skin, depression, low energy, insomnia, ringing ears, poor concentration and memory, extreme thirst at night, and REALLY REALLY intense cravings for sugar and carbs that feel almost impossible to resist.

I have been trying really hard to get back on to a regular meal plan and cut out sugar and carbs. I have been successful for three weeks and the cravings started to lessen. But some days they come back really strong, usually when it is cloudy/rainy out or if I don't get a good night's sleep and am tired.

I am feeling really discouraged right now because even when I do eat healthy I find that I have often have very poor digestion and bad gas and if I eat a little too much oil my body can't handle it.

Anyways, does anybody have experience with this kind of thing? I don't know who to ask in my city or where to get help. Certainly my MD would look at me like I'm from Mars if I mentioned anything about this. I have had blood and stool tests done for diabetes and celiac respectively but they came back negative. The Dr's only concern is that I'm underweight. I have been in treatment for eating disorder twice but have just gone back to the same bingeing problem as before. So none of the Dr.'s seem to be able to able to help me. I just fall through the cracks in their system and I know they're just going to give me more pills. But I still feel like crap and also I know can't keep bingeing like this. It really scares me how much calories I can take in during a binge episode and I have no idea how my body is still working after everything I have put it through.

Okay I'll stop rambling now. :-P My main question is : is their a way to keep the candida under control that might help reduce cravings and also help manage the die off or withdrawal so that I can concentrate on recovery? I'd much appreciate any suggestions. THANK YOU

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2012, 03:11 PM   #2
(female)

ParanoiaKills HB User
Re: candida and sugar addiction

I have the exact same problem and yes it does sound like Candida. I was diagnosed with Candida almost 6 months ago. I went on the diet the day I found out because I had been in such pain for months not able to eat different foods. I also took Probiotics and Grape Fruit Seed Exstract which kills Candida and helps with Acid Reflex. What has helped the most is to go on the diet, take probiotics and take GSE. Don't take too much of the Grapefruit seed exstract or it will make you feel kinda sick to the stomache get the liquid kind and take 3 drops 2-4 times a day. Some other things that help is Coconut oil ( I am sensetive to oils also) but a few drops in food a few times a week can really help the Candida. Also raw honey is beneficial to digestion. I eat it with oatmeal everyday and stomache seems a lot better. You will have to keep using these things for 3 to 6 months depending on how bad the Candida is. I've been on the probiotics for 5 months now and I am just starting to be able to eat stratches again with out much pain..still a little bit. Oh and make sure the water you are drinking doesn't have a high PH level that can really affect Candida Dont eat/drink too many fruints, bread, pasta, anything with yeast, dairy (only yogurt which is really a great things for Candida too and you can have feta cheese) and sugary foods.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-12-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:06 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Paranoiakills:

Why do you say that you should not have high PH water? I drink 9.5 water everyday. I get it from a special store. It is suppose to be very good for the intestinal flora. It is suppose to help in making your body alkaline oppose to acid. LaLa

Old 06-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #4
(female)

ParanoiaKills HB User

I'm sorry I meant low Ph just got them confused. Low Ph is more acidic and bad for Candida..sour and sugery foods are bad for candida. Sounds like the water you are drink is good. What kind is it?

poland springs water makes my mouth dry and same with the tap water in my town I dont know if it's because it's effecting my candida.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-12-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Closed Thread