HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Candida (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/candida/)
-   -   has anyone cured their candida with nystatin and diflucan? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/candida/904686-has-anyone-cured-their-candida-nystatin-diflucan.html)

johnone 06-12-2012 07:53 AM

has anyone cured their candida with nystatin and diflucan?

if so,how long did you take them?

solofelix 06-12-2012 11:02 AM

Re: has anyone cured their candida with nystatin and diflucan?

Hi,
I guess it depends where the Candida is. I used to get bad Oral-Thrush (Candida).
Initially I would do a seven day course of Nystatin, then go onto Grapefruit Seed Extract for a few weeks along with omitting ALL sugar from my diet and I would be completely free within a couple of months.
Everyone is different and other forms of Candida can take many months to clear.
Hope this answers your question,

Solofelix.

johnone 06-21-2012 07:07 AM

did you use nystatin powder,and can you get nystatin without a prescription?

solofelix 06-25-2012 01:46 AM

Hi,
I took Nystatin in an (Oral Solution) liquid. It is only available on prescription where I live.
It is specifically for the mouth and gut and you take it daily for seven days, you could look it up online and read about it.

Solofelix.

Misty800 06-30-2012 09:40 AM

I have battled candida for the past 57 years and no closer to being cured than in the beginning.

Nystatin creme has been the med of choice for the past 45 years, along with using hair dryer several times day to dry area. This helps with comfort but has not "cured" the problem.

I have used all the meds on the market to no avail.

As you know candida loves moist warm areas.

Diflucan was not tolerated, caused a tight mesh headache plus other symptoms that I don't remember now.

solofelix 06-30-2012 10:24 AM

Hi,
Complete elimination of all sugar for one month along with Grapefruit extract cured mine, it was in my mouth.
When it occured in the (femail area) I found Caneston pessaries and cream to be helpful.
Overall though the diet is hard I feel it is an essential part of the cure. Sorry I cant be more helpful but an Holistic Dr may be able to help.
It is a difficult ailment to treat and everyone responds differently to treatment.
I wish you well,

Solofelix.

Rich775 06-30-2012 12:34 PM

If you're still around, were you diagnosed with candida? Or maybe you suspect it and are researching treatments? Where do you suspect it? GI tract?

vegie gal 07-09-2012 04:32 AM

i have been told by my gyno to take diflucan once a week for four months....it has worked wonders...i also put vaseline on the area 4 times a day it protects the area from irritation....i now feel so much better...goodluck