It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
(male)

sharpieten HB User
Diagnosis without Candida symptoms

Unprotected sex, 7 days later symptoms appear (blisters, red & white discoloration, peeling, itching, pain), saw Dr. 2 days after that. Dr said it was definitely herpes. Swab came back negative, IGG blood test came back negative at 4 weeks, 4 months, and 6 months. (Gonorrhea, HIV, Hep C, Syphilis, all negative). Doctor said you have no STD and could not test me for anything else since I "no longer have visible symptoms". All of the above symptoms lasted for 3 weeks. Blisters subsided after 3 weeks, the other symptoms remain but began to decrease. 3 months after first symptoms everything cleared and there has been no recurrence. There is some itching, very mild icy/hot sensation from time to time, it last only a few hours at a time. I began to do some research on what it could possibly be. Someone mention Candida balanitis in reference to a question someone had on a different board. I decided to look at what that was, since i had never heard about it. As soon as I saw the pictures I knew I had finally found what I had. I was never convince with herpes, which is why I got tested so many times. I've read a lot that if untreated it can cause phimosis(spelling??), which would require surgery. My question is since I have been relatively symptom free for the last 3 months, is it gone or is it still there? Is there any way to test this to prove my self diagnosis even with no visible symptoms? Thank you for all your help. I had already come to peace with having HSV and now I feel like I'm starting this whole process again and it's so emotionally draining. Again thank you your time!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Diagnosis without Candida symptoms

Sharp:
I really don't think you have anything to worry about. you were tested for all std's and they were all negative. You most likely had a yeast infection that is now gone. You are worrying too much. I know what it is like to have something without an actual diagnosis.
But you are now symptom free. If it should occur again, then you can pursue it further. Your partner might have had a yeast infection and you caught it. Good luck and hopefully this won't happen again. LaLa

Closed Thread