It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 06:25 PM   #1
(female)

BlueCrush1983 HB User
How to tell if it's Candida or Lyme???

Hi,

I am a 29 y/o female that has had a laundry list of symptoms over the past year. These include joint/muscle aches, chest tightness, multiple allergies, TMJ, muscle twitching, stiff back and neck that creek and pop, dizziness, heart palpitations. I have had one ELISA test for lyme that was negative but have not had a western blot. If Candida mimics Lyme, how can you tell the difference?? Does this sound like it could be Candida??

Thanks so much!
A.

Old 08-24-2012, 07:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: How to tell if it's Candida or Lyme???

Hi A:

I am actually in the same boat as you are. I have all of your symptoms plus more. Do you have any stomach issues? What about any balance issues or tingling? You need to get your blood sent to a company in California called Igenix. If you google them and get their phone number you can call them and they will send you a kit that you can take to your dr or lab and have your blood taken and sent back to them. They are the most lyme sensitive lab. Also, have you taken any tests for candida? Your symptoms do sound like lyme. Also, has your thyroid been checked. Oh, also, how did your symptoms start? Just a few thoughts....Ttus. LaLa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2012, 05:27 AM   #3
(female)

BlueCrush1983 HB User

Well my history is rather complicated. It first started at work 1 year ago I got dizzy and lightheaded every time I went into work. Then one day I noticed my lip was going numb. Then I ended up getting a mandatory flu shot and have been achy ever since. Then I ended up getting Campylobacter infection in Costa Rica right after that and had burning all over my body. The doctor thought it was a case of Guillian Barre syndrome or small fiber neuropathy. Well ever since then it's been all downhill from there. I also got tested for allergies and am allergic to many things including molds. Sometimes I wonder if it's an underlying infection or just my immune system gone haywire. Here are the posibilities that I have to sort out that I have thought about:

-Mercury/Metal toxicity-might explain why as soon as I was administered the flu shot I got achy and haven't stopped ever since
-Candida
-Lyme Disease
-I wonder if mold exposure at work is making me sick

hmm...Now which path to take???

Old 08-25-2012, 05:32 AM   #4
(female)

BlueCrush1983 HB User

Oh I forgot to mention the tests and studies I have had which have all been normal:

Thyroid, EMG test, RA, ANA, Sed rate, Lyme Elisa, Anti-CPP, CBC with diff, HIV, Hep C, MRI brain/C-spine, BMP, Vit B12, Urine Sample, and many more I can't think of off the top of my head. I have seen a neurologist, ID doc, ENT, allergy, primary, and many more docs, there is no answer yet.

Closed Thread