It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
(female)

Hope1987ts HB User
Red face Antibiotics causing a yeast infection... i think?

So.... I fell asleep at a friends house last night and everything was doing absolutely fine down there. When I woke up however. I felt kind of a strong kind of heaviness berween my thighs.. but it also felt kind of numb.. so when I'm taking a shower and I reach down and notice my left labia is really inflammed. Ihave been taking doryx for a month now and am still taking it. I know antibiotics can lower ones immune system. Well, I started to get a little bit of burning and itching. Having had a few before, I am almost certain that it is candida. So.. my question is, should I go ahead and take monistat to help the swelling and hopefully cure the problem? I don't want it to get worse because that would really really Suck. I plan on seeing a Dr. Soon but I really want to soak in a hot Epsom salt bath as well but I have heard it can make things worse. Any advice would be helpful! Thanks!
Hope

Last edited by Hope1987ts; 08-25-2012 at 12:48 PM.

Old 08-26-2012, 08:32 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Antibiotics causing a yeast infection... i think?

Hope:
When you are taking antibiotics you must take extra probiotics. I am sure you have a yeast infection. Start treating the yeast infection and start taking probiotics. If you don't start taking anti-candida supplements you will end with other problems from yeast. I don't know why you are on doxy for so long, but maybe you can take something more natural instead. Good luck, LaLa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
candida