It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2012, 10:57 AM   #1
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User
Tons of digestive issues and other symptoms... could it be candida?

I've always been extremely healthy until April of this year and everything started to go downhill. It started by having little spells of feeling flushed, dizzy, and a little nauseous. I'd go lay down for a little while and I'd usually be fine. Then at the end of April I got what I thought was a virus, felt better after a week and then started having the spells of feeling bad again. In the middle of May, I came down with the stomach flu (I thought that was it at the time) and it just wouldn't go away. Every since then I've dealt with lots of stomach/digestive issues... for a while I would wake up feeling incredibly nauseous and throw up every single morning. That lasted about a month and finally it slowed down. Right now it probably happens every couple of weeks but I feel queasy often and my appetite definitely isn't what it used to be. I've also had some bowel issues... even when I thought I had the stomach flu I never really had diarrhea, but I get constipated very easily and pretty much every morning I get a stomach ache and have an urgent need to use the bathroom. I've also had LOTS of gas, to the point where I feel like I can't stop belching.

While the digestive problems have been awful they're not the only thing I'm dealing with. There are a lot of times when I feel like I'm going to pass out, but I never actually do. I get dizzy a lot (not bad like the room is spinning, my head just feels a little off). I've also gotten spells where I feel like I can't breathe, and spells where I feel like my brain is about to shut down.

I seem to have had an increase in hair loss, and my skin appears to be thinner (either that or my veins are standing out more, because the veins all over my body look much darker than they used to). I have tiny red dots on my skin that don't hurt or itch, they just look like I've been poked with a needle (I think they're petechiae but whenever I look them up I see people with rash-like clusters of them and mine don't look like that at all). I also occasionally have a slight feeling of weakness/numbness on the left side of my body, but I'm thinking it could be either anxiety or just the way I'm laying/sitting.

I've also had frequent UTI symptoms... yesterday I went to a health clinic for what I thought was a UTI. In the office they looked at my urine and said I had a bad one but then I got a call today saying the culture was negative. I don't know if that means I don't actually have an infection or what.

Now for all the things I've been tested for... I've had blood tests for autoimmune disease, inflammation, and lyme disease. I've had a CBC and CBC with differential, my thyroid has been checked and I've been checked for anemia. All of my vitamin levels are in the normal range. I've had my blood sugar checked and it's usually about 103-108 a few hours after eating a small amount of food. I had an ultrasound done on my gallbladder and it revealed nothing.

The reason I suspect candida is because I was possibly exposed to mold. I moved into an apartment in December and felt fine until the weather started getting warm, and I thought it might have something to do with my air conditioner. My boyfriend looked inside and said it looked like it had tons of black mold growing on dust in the vent. My bed is RIGHT below the A/C and for a while it was blowing black stuff onto the side I sleep on. When I noticed that I moved my bed. I know mold usually doesn't affect people that badly but when I started getting sick I stayed in the room pretty much 24/7 with the A/C always on. I decided to stay at my dad's for a while and I've been here for a month and a half. I might feel a LITTLE better as a whole but I've still been getting sick.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2012, 10:35 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User
Re: Tons of digestive issues and other symptoms... could it be candida?

Lindsay:
Sounds like candida to me. Why dont you get a blood test for candida? I have a similar story. Mine started with a bad cold and and that was it. For over 8 years I have been suffering. I need a very long time explain what has gone on in the last 8 yrs and it is late and I need to go to sleep, But I will give a few of my symptoms: chronic chronic gas, tingling on the top of my head, pressure in head, sometimes get a wave that comes over me that I am going to pass out, sore underarms, balance issue, a little constipaiton, sometimes a pain in the ears, a sound in left ear, some joint pain, feet hurt, inner elbow bone pain, tenderness on the scalp bones, some insomnia, etc etc. The list goes on. I have been to millions of drs and have had millions of tests. I have no real answers. I do have a bad thyroid problem. I think I have either candida or lyme disease. Neither of which has very accurate testing. I know i should try the candida diet again, but there is not life on that diet. Anyway, i have to go for now. I would look into the testing for candida If I were you or go to a natural dr who may check into the mold situation. Good luck.LaLa

Old 09-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User

Thanks. 8 years? That's awful! Have you been doing anything to control it? I take probiotics, grapefruit seed extract, chlorophyll, multivitamins, garlic, milk thistle, CoQ10, and fish oil which hasn't really helped unless what I'm having now is die-off symptoms. Is there a way to get rid of candida besides the diet?

Old 09-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #4
(male)

msqboxer HB User

I would suggest that you try a product called "Good Belly". You can get it at a Whole Foods or other locations. Maybe look at their website for your self. They have a 12 Day challenge to balance out yourdigestive system. I use it to clear up oral thrush and candida when it flares up and usually I felbetter in 3-4 days without the die off effects.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:57 PM   #5
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User

Thank you. Do they not make probiotic capsules, just food and drinks? I don't have a Whole Foods anywhere near me and I've been in health sections of the grocery stores near but have never seen anything like that. I live in West Virginia so things like that are very hard to find.

Old 09-19-2012, 02:33 PM   #6
(male)

msqboxer HB User

Lindsay...having Candida is because your immune system in out of whack. This can be in some cases a serious situation that you have to continue to monitor yourself and notate your symptoms or it is caused by some other bacterial infection that you either have been exposed to or continue to expose yourself. I didn't go in depth with my story, but it almost cost me my life. I develop (which I didn't know at the time) was Candida to the point that it was on my tongue and developed blisters on my hands and legs. It was almost like having poison ivy because it spread as the blisters leaked. My Dr. gave me the cortizone cream and oral anti fungal and it cleared up in 60 days February 2011. Now just because it clear visually, I still felt like crap which I'm assuming was the die off effects now, but for the next 30 days I could hardly move. During that month I had thought of impeding doom and death so this depression was over taking me and something I never experienced before. In April, I finally convinced myself to go to the emergency room because I was feeling a little chest discomfort and afraid to take a nap. Well....I was in the midst of heart attack apparently and was rushed into the hospital and had 2 stents placed in one artery that was 80 and 100% blocked. Now I tell this story, because the Cardiologist was amazed that I didn't have sever pain and for a lack of a better term didn't know how I didn't die. After having many follow up visits and discussions with him, I was convinced that the Candida die off had something to do with this. At first he blew it off, but over time it made sense to him, because it was apparent that although on an MRI the artery was blocked, blood was still getting to the muscle. He theorized that "platlets" attached to the Candiida in my blood and treated it as a foreign matter over several weeks or months until such time that it was causing a restriction in the artery. First of all, I'm fine today and I tell you this story because a lot a people want a cure immediately and are willing to take several OTC products. Well the OTC products in some cause could be contributing to your Candida because they all have inert ingredients. I would make sure that you have a long discussion with your doctor for a course of treatment, look for a diet that reduces exposure to sugar and yeast and try to find somewhat natural probiotics. There is strains of yogurt that are effective along with a product that a lot of people endorse called CANDEX. Just remember to take your time, talk to your doctor about all the OTC stuff your taking and adapt your diet for 90 days and see if there is an improvement.

Old 09-19-2012, 03:11 PM   #7
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User

Oh wow, that's awful. I'm glad you're better now.
As far as I know, everything I've been taking says it doesn't have yeast. For a few months I've been taking multivitamins, garlic, fish oil, and coq10. About a month ago I added milk thistle and burdock root (which I ran out of), and I recently added caprylic acid, chlorophyll, grapefruit seed extract, and oregano oil (which I'm not going to take for a couple of weeks). Are those things safe?

I don't really have any external symptoms but for a while I did have pretty bad dandruff. Since I moved out of my apartment that I suspected was contaminated with mold that has gone away for the most part. It might have had something to do with the fish oil I've been taking, though. It also seems like my hair loss has slowed down and the little red dots on my skin have become fewer and farther between (the big ones are still there but the tiny ones are going away). Also, in the last few weeks of living in that apartment I noticed dry, flaky skin between my fingers that was darker than the rest of my skin, it almost looked like I had self tanner on those spots. That also went away when I moved. One thing I have noticed recently is vaginal discharge that looks like a yeast infection but without the smell and itching.

I did the saliva test for candida, where you spit into a glass of water first thing in the morning and if it has strings coming from it you apparently have a candida problem. Mine was "positive" but I don't really know how accurate that test is.

Old 09-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #8
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User

One more question... could severe gas be a die-off symptom? I always have gas and digestive issues but it seems like for the past few days the gas has been really bad. I haven't been following a candida diet but I have added new herbs/oils that are supposed to kill yeast.

Old 09-23-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
(female)

lindsay0891 HB User

Some other symptoms I've been having in the past few days are fatigue, lightheadedness, heart palpitations, and no appetite. Last night I was having some bad stomach pains and I've felt sick most of the day. I also have a slight sore throat and a bit of a headache. I'm not sure if it's die-off or if it's just a worsening of symptoms because I have eaten a little more sugar than usual... but I did take a lot of probiotics yesterday and I think that's what caused the stomach pain, so I'm hoping it could be die off.

Closed Thread