It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #1
(male)

dasbruce HB User
Balanitis troubles (yeast infection symptoms won't go away)

Hello, I've been struggling with this problem since May of '12 and its driving me up a wall. Initially I developed blotches on the head of my penis and my foreskin turned bright red from inflammation. It would itch a LOT, smell foul, as well as eventually developing a cottage cheese-like discharge. Now this sounds like a typical penile yeast infection/ thrush, so I bought some Monistat 7 and applied it per the instructions. It relieved all of my symptoms but a few days after my treatment was done the symptoms were back.

I proceeded to go on vacation to Europe with this going on, I went to the doctor there and had a blood/ urine test as well as a bacteria sample from my penis tested. Results came back fine with the exception of the presence of e-coli on my penis..

I was prescribed the following-

Ketoconazole 10 tablets 200mg
Bactroban (Mupirocin) 20mg/g
As well as some type of anti bacterial wash

After 10 days of treatment everything was gone. All was well until about 3 weeks ago when the symptoms returned. Except this time there is no discharge, rather the skin is peeling off of my foreskin and head. I'm not sure what to do, I don't have health insurance and I can't get Ketoconazole tablets over the counter.

Should I try a Ketaconazole soap or wash? Please advise, this is driving me insane. Especially because these symptoms aren't the result of sexual activity. I am a healthy 21 year old male. I wash twice a day, I make sure to dry my junk very well and don't use any crazy soaps that would aggravate the situation. Diet is good with relatively low/ normal sugar intake.

Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2013, 10:46 PM   #2
(male)

dasbruce HB User
Re: Balanitis troubles (yeast infection symptoms won't go away)

Anyone?

Happy new years =)

Old 01-07-2013, 04:33 AM   #3
(male)

mc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB Usermc7 HB User
Re: Balanitis troubles (yeast infection symptoms won't go away)

I think this particular forum is mainly about intestinal and vaginal Candida. I'm not sure if it's more appropriate but it seems like penile yeast (thrush) questions are more likely to be answered on the Men's Health or Men's Sexual Health boards.

I do have some suggestions. Avoid raw dairy (milk/cream even non-dairy creamer) and sweets (as you do). It can help to fight yeast infections to minimize digestive yeast with probiotics and/or a yeast-minimizing diet. Cranberry can really help with yeast and other minor infections. The unsweetened juice seems to be quite a bit more effective than the usual cocktails.

Personally, I think the rule about washing the inner parts of the penis with soap is to avoid soap generally but use some if it's exceptionally dirty. If my penis ever smells bad, I use a soap on the inner parts too (the biggest concern here seems to be if the skin is allergic or sensitive to the soap). Neutrogena T/Gel is a dandruff shampoo/seborrhoeic dermatitis liquid soap. It's got pine tar for it's active antimicrobial. It rinses clean and it's extremely drying (which is good for fighting fungus). It's also surprisingly antifungal (anti-yeast). It might really help you fight a skin infection there. I would use a really really tiny amount first to make sure you don't have an allergic reaction or anything. And I would never use a soap like this regularly on the inner part of my penis because it would be too drying for constant use there. (Incidentally, it's a really good soap for other things too. It's the best soap that I've ever tried for my ears.)

Closed Thread