It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
(female)

Answers needed HB User
Not sure if it's just a yeast infection

It's been close to two months since taking the antibiotic Keflexen. A few weeks after finishing the medication, I started to have a little feminine itching. I wrote it off as my Mirena, as that occurred during the first month after insertion. Now in this time my husband and I had intercourse. Including anal sex. After our last rendezvous I decided it was indeed a yeast infection and treated it. Once the week was up, the symptoms had all subsided in my vaginal area. But all the sudden I started getting intense anal itching, especially at night. As I cannot control my scratching in my sleep, the area became raw even having a few lacerations. I went to the doctor and explained everything to him. He agreed that it probably was a yeast infection and prescribed some cream to put on at night around my anus and perineum. I've been treating it for 3 days now, and I'm getting zero relief. The red area has spread up my crack and has raised edges with a few bumps along the edge. Is it more than a yeast infection?? My husband and I have been together for four years and have a wonderful relationship. I do not think this has anything to do with an outside source. I was typing in my symptoms and herpes came up, but could you go years before ever having any symptoms??

Old 02-10-2013, 01:13 PM   #2
(female)

ladybee HB User
Re: Not sure if it's just a yeast infection

I have suffered from yeast infections my entire life. Sometimes they do effect the my anus and sometimes they cause me to have little red bumps. The itching is horrible!! I empathise!! I also have had genital herpes for 10 years now. It is possible to have the virus and not have symptoms for periods of time, even years. If it were me, I would get tested just for peace of mind. Its scary but I guarentee it isnt the end of the world if it is herpes. It also doesnt mean anyone cheated. One of you could have contracted the virus years ago and just not shown symptoms. Good luck! I hope relief is soon to come!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
vaginal, yeast infection