It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #1
(male)

messplay HB User
I think I have Candida ??

I just ate dinner about 30minutes ago and I went into the bathroom to check the back of my throat as it seems to be sore and I have had a tickle starting that I thought was from my Gastritis (diagnosed with that the end of January).

I woke up suddenly one morning about 2 weeks ago with a huge onset of anxiety and ever since then I have been having huge health anxiety. I have also been losing sleep over the last several days. I am FREAKING OUT that I have something wrong with me huge.

My cultures from my endoscopy all came back negative for all the biopsies, H Pylori, Celia, ulcers, etc..

Here is a picture of my tongue I took a few minutes ago.

http://oi45.tinypic.com/16getxy.jpg

I have been taking L Theanine for my anxiety
I have been taking L Tryptophan for only 3 nights at night for sleep
I have been on Pantoprazole (40mg) for my gastritis for a little over 10 days.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP AND TELL ME WHAT I NEED TO DO SO I CAN GET RID OF THIS!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2013, 10:55 PM   #2
(male)

messplay HB User
re: I think I have Candida ??

I am going to the health food store first thing tomorrow and am going to get this straightened out.

I am so nervous that if I do have it (as it is apparent on my tongue) that if it spread elsewhere in my body that I have to go through a loooong process to get rid of it.

My mother and I came to the conclusion that my antibiotic (Protonix) for my Gastritis is what killed the good and bad bacteria in my stomach to calm the acid in there which gave room for this Candida to "grow".

I know Medical Doctor's turn their heads a little at the thought of Candida but my mother knows a good Holistic Doctor I can see. I will be getting lozanges tomorrow as well.

Please give me input as I feel like I have just discovered I have something terribly wrong with me..someone point me in the right direction!

Last edited by Administrator; 02-20-2013 at 11:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #3
(male)

messplay HB User
Re: I think I have Candida ??

I made this thread fairly quickly as I was extremely startled as I might have this (I think I definitely have oral thrush on my tongue).

I am 23 years old, I am a male.
I do not drink sodas, I do not smoke, I do not have diabetes.
I only have Gastritis which I think is what jump started all of this (being put on the antibiotic which killed too many good bacterium in my stomach and let this start).

I am not sure if it is in my whole body but I am reading online that it can become life-threatening??!? Seriously?

I also have a slight tickle at the base of my throat - clearing it somewhat frequently, moreso when I talk. I do not have a bad cough but the tickle sometimes provokes me to do so.

Is it in my esophagus? I also read that it can be very serious if it is in there too.

I have no pain anywhere in my mouth/throat.
I feel like today I urinated a lot more frequently - no burning, decent amount of urine each time.
I have been waking up at night a couple times each night for almost the past week.

My mother is a dental hygenist, she cleaned my teeth barely 10 days ago and did not notice anything (thrush wise) going on in my mouth or on my tongue...

Thank you and sorry for the multiple posts

Old 02-21-2013, 07:27 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Messplay:
It does not really sound that much like candida but if you think it is a possibility then why don;t you stop all carbs and take some supplements that kill candida. The holistic dr might tell you that you have candida because they think everybody has candida due to our diets. I have candida which I know from a blood test. I have also been to many holistic drs also. My candida symptoms started in my intestines. Lots of stomach problems. I have also very bad indigestion all the time. I don't know if is from candida or not. I have had endoscopys also and all they said was acid reflux. Good luck and keep me posted. LaLa

Old 02-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #5
(male)

messplay HB User

Went to my dentist after the PAC told me I did not have it - should've believed him. The dentist saw the picture I uploaded here which I have on my phone and thought for sure it was Thrush, etc. He then looked inside my mouth and basically told me I just need to brush my tongue (more).

Old 02-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

lala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB Userlala52 HB User

Messplay:
That is good news!!

Old 04-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
(female)

kristyscott HB User

Hi, I know this is a few months late, but I just joined and found this post and thought my experiences might help.

Several years ago, I was diagnosed with Intestinal Candidia. The hardest part was finding a doctor who believed it was possible. My original doctor dismissed it and laughed at me and it was 6 months later that I changed doctors and that is what I was diagnosed with.

Anyway, the actual process of getting rid of it is not all that difficult. I was prescribed Diflucan and Nystatin. I was also put on a regimen of Acidolphulus (sp) and taken off all sugar. This was for about 6 months.

I will say, that I had it extremely bad. I lived with this for 2 years before any doctor could figure it out.

I hope you found some relief.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:40 AM   #8
(male)

diman13 HB User

Hey,

I found that I have Candida Non-albican in my stool culture. I also have a white tongue similar to yours. initially I was afraid that I might have caught an STD. Did you have any sexual exposures recently?

Old 05-23-2013, 11:37 AM   #9
(female)

TLink HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by messplay View Post
Went to my dentist after the PAC told me I did not have it - should've believed him. The dentist saw the picture I uploaded here which I have on my phone and thought for sure it was Thrush, etc. He then looked inside my mouth and basically told me I just need to brush my tongue (more).
That's interesting, because my fiance's tongue is white all the time and I was starting to wonder if he was developing thrush. He also wears a denture due to an injury years ago, so I know he has to work a bit harder to keep his mouth really clean. He doesn't really show any other signs that would lead me to think he has thrush. I'm going to have him ask the next time he goes to the dentist.

Old 06-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #10
(male)

dek38uk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by messplay View Post
Messplay, my tongue is like your pic. It is caused by the Gastritis.

Reply Reply