It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
(female)

dollydoozy HB User
ADD Medication

Hi,
I'm surprised that I wasn't able to find this information out by googling it but I do need some answers... I'm prescribed Vyvanse, a drug for attention deficit disorder. I'm wondering if taking it will impede my progress with candida? I don't really want to quit using it but if absolutely necessary I will. I realize its probably not the best thing for fighting candida, but does anyone know how severely it will cause problems?

Anyone with any amount of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
(male)

suffer_bad21 HB User
Re: ADD Medication

Quote:
Originally Posted by dollydoozy View Post
Hi,
I'm surprised that I wasn't able to find this information out by googling it but I do need some answers... I'm prescribed Vyvanse, a drug for attention deficit disorder. I'm wondering if taking it will impede my progress with candida? I don't really want to quit using it but if absolutely necessary I will. I realize its probably not the best thing for fighting candida, but does anyone know how severely it will cause problems?

Anyone with any amount of help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
I was wondering the same thing. However, I am prescribed to Adderall, not Vyvanse. They say to avoid caffeine so I'm assuming that since Vyvanse and Adderall are also both stimulants that they should be avoided as well.

I think that as long as you take a strong dose of probiotics and eliminate sugar and processed foods you will be OK.

What tactics are you currently using to combat your candida?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #3
(female)

dollydoozy HB User
Re: ADD Medication

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffer_bad21 View Post
I was wondering the same thing. However, I am prescribed to Adderall, not Vyvanse. They say to avoid caffeine so I'm assuming that since Vyvanse and Adderall are also both stimulants that they should be avoided as well.

I think that as long as you take a strong dose of probiotics and eliminate sugar and processed foods you will be OK.

What tactics are you currently using to combat your candida?
Well.. I've been regularly taking coconut oil, garlic, probiotic pills, apple cider vinegar, yogurt, and a slew of other supplements to keep my immune system strong. I've been pretty strict about the diet, eliminating all that is supposed to be.. I've eaten a bit of quinoa but not too much. I have smoked some cigarettes... not too many just every once in a while as a little reward for eating so well.

I am concerned about the use of Vyvanse, however. Since I haven't found any clear direct answers about it, I've done a bit of experimenting. Started the diet without taking it and everything went smoothly. Then, I started taking them again and boom that exact day noticed oral thrush had returned and began to itch again. I've since stopped taking them again and my symptoms have been clearing again (slowly). Perhaps it is possible to balance it out by taking more probiotics, but it seems like the candida can feed quite fast on anything you put in your body...

My current plan is to stay off the pills for Phase I, until I feel my symptoms have subsided and then slowly try to phase them in the second phase. I'll talk to my doctor about alternatives.. my concern is that candida clearly causes symptoms of ADD and other problems that prevent me from living a fulfilled life, so right now my number one concern is to get that under control... to fight it as aggressively as it has been fighting me. Maybe when the symptoms start clearing I'll find my ADD symptoms disappear.

Also, I feel as though doctors can be ill informed a lot of the time and really the only person that should have authority over your body is you yourself because you are the single person that knows your body most. Not to mention that it is with the advice of doctors that has caused me to have this problem (overprescribing antibiotics).

Anyway, for those of you out there wondering about their ADD medication and their candida.. that is what my personal experience has been. I do think it feeds the candida.. its up to you to decide what you think is right for your personal experience. I do think its probably possible to take your medicine and get rid of candida.. it will just take longer and you will need to take more probiotics and antifungals.

Let me know if anybody has found a different result.

Closed Thread