It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Candida Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 05:19 PM   #1
(female)

bee797 HB User
I stubbed and broke a couple of toes.

I stubbed and broke my little toe and the one next to it about 3 weeks ago. I called my doctor and he said there is not much they can do for broken toes. He told me to tape the two toes together and wear a wooden shoe and put ice on it. When I did it the bruises came out on my toes and the bottom of the toes, most of the bruising is gone and it does feel better. But how long will it take to heal up. it is still sore in places, I am able to wear slip on gym shoes but was just curious as to how long it takes for broken toes to heal totally. thank you in advance. Sue

The following user gives a hug of support to bee797:
sjb (04-11-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: I stubbed and broke a couple of toes.

Greetings! I am sorry this happened to you when I was a teenager I dropped a very heavy metal thing on my large toe and it instantly turned black. I did not get it x-rayed at that time but it was certainly very sore. A few months later while working a large stone was rolled over my foot by some coworkers and when the sock was removed the nail had torn partially off and it was blacker bleeding and painful all over again. The nurse for the place I worked insisted that I go to the emergency room and get it x-rayed which I did and it was found to be broken. It was only partly chipped on one side though.

I was told to keep the foot up for a while on chairs ( I also had it up in the car ) and that it would take about 6 weeks to heal properly and that was about the amount of time it took. They also told me to use crutches and to stay off it during that time. They told me that when using it I was not to allow the arm part with the padding to put any pressure under the arm as it could cause nerve damage if I did. I was to keep the arms straight without the elbows being bent and the crutches were adjusted for proper height for this reason so no pressure would be applied under the arm. Peace, sjb

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread