It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2005, 06:17 PM   #1
(female)

Linduh56 HB User
New and venting!!!!

Hi!! I'm new here and just looking for a place to vent!! Its a long story but I will shorten it I hope!! I am 47 divorced one daughter 23 yrs. I had just graduated after taking a course in Computerized Accounting. I was excited about getting a new job cause I'm beginning a new life. I was a stay at home mom and now I'm a stay at home daughter!!! I had my Nana who was 104 staying at my folks house and got a call that mom was hurt. She broke her femur and fractured her wrist not to mention she also has alzhemiers. When the time came for mom to be released from the hospital I was informed that my dad couldnt take care of mom and Nana and unless someoen else was there dad would be in trouble for elder abuse. Anyhow, I came to the hospital and said I will be moving in , and thats how it all started. My school has job placement but you have to live in that area, well I dont now and dont even feel like doing a thing anymore. I had gotten a job but every night mom has to have the TV on loud and its hard to sleep. Dad tells her to trun it off then here we go agin a fight!!! Dad gives in cause he feels bad for mom and I understand that but I'm going nuts. Just when I thought things were looking better maybe my Nana died. Then to make things even better my Dad has a stroke and the same day he went out and got drunk and arrested after he was in an accident. Might be going to jail this is his second DUI in so many years. He is 78 and mom is 72. The stroke affected his memory. Of course his license has been suspended so need I say more. My brother is a #### and is too busy for any of us. I have no money, dad thinks he can do it all and doesnt need me. Dad has alway been real mean to me been called stupid my hole life and I'll never amount to anything. I'm beginning to think he is right. Is there any sort of help out there I could get cause I'm going out of my mind.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2005, 12:22 AM   #2
(female)

linda funk HB User
Re: New and venting!!!!

Wow, do you have your hands full. First, I hate to say it but maybe if your dad did some r and r in jail it would be a blessing in disquise. It is hard enough to take on what your doing with out all the negativity he is putting on you. And I dont wish anyone in jail. I just think that some seperation from you would be benificial. Second, have you checked into their insurance? You have to do a little research on the wording, but they may pay for a nurse to come out a few times a week for your mom. For therapy and what have you. At least you could have some sort of break from it. When my grandma was living at my moms house after she fell a nurse came out twice a week. Which was nice because she fought my mom so much with the excercises and all. She didnt dare do the same with the nurse. Funny its just like kids. They can act up when they are with you but if you get a new babysitter they will be angels. I wish I had other answers for you. If I think of anything Ill let you know. In the mean time... Ill keep you in my prayers. Cant hurt anyway. Good luck, and please try to find some relief of some sort. Even if your brother doesnt hold up his end. Maybe a close friend of your moms or yours or even a caring neighbor. My mother always used to tell us that "God never gives you more than you can handle" that went right along with "Everything happens for a reason" Well I can tell you first hand that God sure tried me sometimes, pushed me right to the end of my rope. And sometimes I never did find out the reason for it. Once again good luck and just take one day at a time. Linda

Closed Thread