It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2005, 05:57 PM   #1
(female)

Karen44 HB User
Taking Care of my hubby with SCLC

My hubby was dx in June with SCLC to date he has had 39 radiation tx and 9 chemo tx.
Today he went in for his PET scan,I can see his condition getting worse and I am starting to lose it!!
I don't want want to lose my hubby although a little everyday I see him slipping away!!!
I try to be strong but it's getting harder and harder!
I pray God give me strength,I know I will need it
Is there anyone else that can relate and is also a caregiver to a terminal spouse??

Karen44

Old 11-11-2005, 11:32 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

xpax HB User
Re: Taking Care of my hubby with SCLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen44
My hubby was dx in June with SCLC to date he has had 39 radiation tx and 9 chemo tx.
Today he went in for his PET scan,I can see his condition getting worse and I am starting to lose it!!
I don't want want to lose my hubby although a little everyday I see him slipping away!!!
I try to be strong but it's getting harder and harder!
I pray God give me strength,I know I will need it
Is there anyone else that can relate and is also a caregiver to a terminal spouse??

Karen44
I have mother who is mentally and physically slipping away from me. We have shared an apartment for over 18 years now. Alone, each of us would have been in hovels. But together we have a decent apartment and standard of life.

But I know for sure she won't be around 10 years from now. I'm praying she will make it to 2009 so her Cemetery will be paid up before she goes.

It's a slow acceptance of a big change in my life. We've spent my whole 46 years together (no, I am definitely not gay).

Change can come slowly, for me, or be rather sudden, for you. For better or worse, the two of you accepted life together, and life is full of change. Not always for the better.
But I'm sure he would expect you to continue your love together without him. He would be laying there praying you will have the strength to be able to cry, and continue.
Remember you are never alone. God is always there, although both good and bad happens in the world. He would never let you be burdened more than you can bear without a way free.
For you that may be widow's groups and getting a job or education. There is a world of possibilities. God needs him, it seems, so you must carry on your love for your husband with the bright future he would expect for you.

God make her strong, in the name of Jesus, for the Love of God! Amen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2005, 05:47 PM   #3
(female)

DaddysLittlGirl HB User
Re: Taking Care of my hubby with SCLC

Hi Karen44...just wanted to say hang in there and don't forget about taking care of yourself in all of this. I'm unclear as to what stage your hubby is in....however I will say that you and he are in my prayers. I can't imagine my hubby having cancer...I did however care for my father while he battled SCLC.
Good luck to you both...keep your chin up....live every day like it was his last, and live in the present!!! Prayers and faith will get you through this. Only Gods will be done.

Closed Thread