It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-15-2007, 10:42 AM   #1
(female)

Debbe HB User
I need Advice

My brother has my mother at his home.He has been "caregiver" for two years.He has cut off the entire family.He has stolen 600,000.00 of her money.Built a new home for himself.Disowned his own daughters.Does not even know he is a grandfather..I am his only sibling.He has stolen my mother from us.She had a masssive stroke.I was there when this happened.He convinced me he will take care of everything.I loved him so I beleived him.Blind trust.....The betrayal of this magnatide can never be healed.God Bless people that are caregivers that actually care.They are a rare breed.Its not always just the family,its most likely the inlaw that takes control.I do not know if a court of law is the answer.Maybe there is no answer but constant debilitating pain.I Can't get over this. I love my mother and he turned her against not only me but the entire family.God help us all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2007, 07:45 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User
Re: I need Advice

Hi Debbe,
I'm so sorry to hear of your situation. I know all too well the strain of caregiving and how it can destroy my family. I just posted my situation on Lisa P's thread if you would like to read, just so you know there are other families out there going through this as well.
Are you not able to see your mother? How exactly does he care for her? I'm not sure what her current state of health she's in, based on having a stroke. My grandmother has dementia, and my uncle is in just as bad health as she is from looking after her, with practically no help from his siblings. How did it get to the point where she has turned against you?
If you feel like talking, I'd be happy to listen.

Carsam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread