It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-01-2007, 11:37 AM   #1
(female)

deb1974 HB User
Question At wits end!

Hi everyone I'm new here. At the moment myself and my sister are sharing care for our mother who has just been diagnosed with advanced alzheimers disease and my father who has terminal cancer (6mths). I'm am trying to retain a normal life as much as possible as i'm a single mother to 4 young children and don't want them to be aware of how much i'm struggling with life at the moment. I just feel constantly tearful and never know what tomorrow's going to bring. All I do know is that I feel like a little girl again and wish that somebody could tell me that everything is going to be alright. Can someone tell me if they have experienced these feelings? Thank you X

Old 07-01-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
(female)

Jenny1434 HB UserJenny1434 HB UserJenny1434 HB UserJenny1434 HB User
Re: At wits end!

Deb, I am so sorry for what you are going through. I know exactly what you are talking about. My sister and I were taking care of our father who suffered from alzheimers. He died a few years ago but I can remember feeling as you do. It's never easy watching our parents get sick. I always felt like a little girl wanting my dad to tell me everything was going to be alright. You need to allow yourself some time to grieve. You and your sister are going through so much right now. I will keep you and your family in my prayers. Please let us posted on how you are doing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2007, 12:02 PM   #3
(female)

deb1974 HB User

Thank you for your reply Jenny it's nice to know that there are people out there who understand and can reassure me that i am not actually going mad! It's nice to know that i'm in your thoughts and prayers thank you. xx

Old 07-05-2007, 04:42 PM   #4
(female)

psendin HB User

I just wanted you to know there are people out there who are thinking and praying for you. I have been caregiving for my mother who has cancer and my grandfather, who finally died a couple of months ago from cancer. There were days where I thought I could not go on!

Have you checked your area for caregiver respite services or caregiver support groups? You might benefit from networking with others in your community who are in similar situations.

Better days are to come...

Old 08-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #5
(female)

deb1974 HB User

Just a quick update. Dad got taken into hospital 4wks ago, 2 days later mum got taken into a different hospital so although we are getting a break from caring for them we are now spending our time travelling back and forth from 1 hospital 2 another!! Feel a lot better in myself at the moment, but I guess there are some good days and some bad.

Closed Thread