It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2007, 11:37 PM   #1
(female)

Rhoda55 HB User
I am really worried about Mom

I wish I knew what is going on here with Mom.I really think she is giving up. She is 87 yrs. old with parkinsons disease, high blood pressure, and has had at least one tia stroke that we know about. Possibly more. Her parkinsons has progressed to the point that she no longer can stand on her own, and is wheel chair bound. She never had much of an appetite,and now it is very hard getting her to eat at all. She now also spends most of the day sleeping or in bed. She is also starting to show signs of dementia. She did start on a mild anti depressant and also an appetite booster. So far,it has not helped her appetite at all. I do also help her eat, as she just stops eating, and have been helping her to finish eating lately. And as far as the anti depressants, it is to soon to know if they are helping yet. Her depression is so severe,I feel sorry for her, I feel awful seeing her like this. I know I am approaching the time that she needs nursing home care. Her brother has brought it up to me a couple of times and has even talked to Mom about it. She can no longer care for herself and requires 24 hr. care. She lives with us, and I take care of her solely, but do have some one come in once a week to assist. I am going to call her doctor tomorrow and address the situation again as far as her eating and the amount of time she spends in bed. It is so similar to the pattern that my Dad was in 7 months before he passed away. It really worries me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
(female)

SherryAnne HB User
Re: I am really worried about Mom

Hi Rhoda...I'm sorry to hear about your mom doing so poorly. It sounds to me like you already know what's going on......that she is giving up now. Maybe it is too much of a fight for her and she needs to just restnow. I do understand how terribly hard this is because my mom also lives with me. She is getting weaker by the day. Hospice also agrees that she has taken a turn for the worse now. I do hope she makes it through the holidays. My mom has asked that she be able to die at home so I will certainly let her do that.
My thoughts, prayers, and blessings are with you, your Mom, and entire family. Take care.

Old 12-25-2007, 07:25 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

jsph110 HB User
Re: I am really worried about Mom

Rhoda,
Sad to hear that. we are with you and your mum in prayers. The Lord will take away her depression. Do your best to be there for her and don't feel sad.

Closed Thread