It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2008, 07:43 AM   #1
(female)

travinda HB User
narcisstic partner

hi
my partner has narcisstic personality dissorder and i find it difficult to cope most of the time, i was hoping for some advice on how to save the relationship rather than leave it.
i have looked for info in books and cant find anything that deals with this particular disorder, the lying is the most anoying thing as we can talk about something and he just says what i want to hear, he did say that he wouldnt but i think thats a ly in it self! please any ideas?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2008, 07:57 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: narcisstic partner

read "malignant self love" by Sam Vaknin. The author himself has NPD
I was involved with a Narrrcissssist for a few years, he even lived with me. I found out after the fact and everything started to make sense.....
I can't understand why you would want to keep someone like this in your life......they don't care about you in the least.....all they care about is that you're supplying them with NS (narcissssistic supply.....it's the air they breathe).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #3
(female)

travinda HB User

hi
thanks rosequartz, ill get that book! ive read walking on eggshells but its more about bp,
i no i must be mad for wanting it to work out, i want to help him, maybe im kidding myself but he must love me or he wouldnt keep wanting me, or is that just part of the disorder?

Old 08-07-2008, 02:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

I don't think a real narcisssssist is capable of love
he's doing what he needs to do to survive
he's getting something from you to better himself someway
you're supplying him with something......but don't confuse it with love.
there is no such thing to a true narcisssisst
they are hollow and empty inside and not capable of love, they don't even understand it

Closed Thread