It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2008, 07:43 PM   #1
(female)

Patsmom HB User
health care for adult son with CP in Orlando

We live in Orlando, FL. Our son is 30 yr/o with CP. He is having some health problems, and we can't seem to find a caring MD or a clinic that deals with adults with CP. There seems to be a lot of resources for children, but we are having some problems.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Old 08-17-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

cmpgirl HB User
Re: health care for adult son with CP in Orlando

Hi Patsmom,

I do not have any specific names of physician's in the Orlando area, who see adult CP patients, but one of my physicians (who I see for different CNS issues) sees both adults and children with CP. He actually works 2 days a week at the local CP Center. His specialty is Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and he is a Physiatrist. I would think that if you could find any doctors in your area with this specialty, you may be able to find the right doctor for your son's needs. If you can't find this specialty listed in your phone book, then the web or even your local hospital might be a good source to direct you.

Best of luck. Please take care.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2008, 05:21 AM   #3
(female)

Patsmom HB User
Re: health care for adult son with CP in Orlando

thanks, there is a physiatrist in Orlando. We had an appt. with him a few months ago. We sat in the office for 2 hours, and there were still several people ahead of us to see. We left, and haven;t rescheduled with that doctor.

I guess I'll try again. Thanks, Patsmom

Closed Thread