It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #1
(male)

AntC7 HB User
what can i do when my grandfather promised he would pay my wife to take care of him

what can i do when my grandfather promised he would pay my wife to take care of him but he didn't pay?

Old 12-29-2008, 09:44 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: what can i do when my grandfather promised he would pay my wife to take care of h

That is not a simple question..Need more information. What did he want her to do and What did she agree to do? What kind of work...clean house or cook or wash/dress him. When did he promise to pay her? How old is grandpa and can he think clearly or does he forget things? If she did exactly what he asked her to do and he is in his right mind the only choice you have is to go to small claims court. she can file herself...you don't need a lawyer. Oral contracts can be enforced but it would of been better if her and grandpa had put it in writing and signed it. If grandpa is too confused to enter into a contract of any kind you might loose.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
I don't know what to do - family issues _mystictiger_ Relationship Health 7 06-15-2008 03:01 PM
what questions to ask? also general info - 88yr old w/ spinal metastasis Kikki Cancer: Prostate 4 05-28-2008 12:00 PM
Pretty sure this is early stages of Alzheimer's, what do you think? J S Machine Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia 11 12-30-2007 11:56 PM
What kind of questions should I be asking my doctor? khomagic1 Drug Interactions / Side Effects 1 11-05-2007 06:40 AM
What to do? Kadian 4 years.... Otter66 Pain Management 9 04-28-2005 12:58 PM