It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2009, 08:27 AM   #1
(female)

janalee HB User
help

Hi there,

My Mom had a stroke in August of 2008. Since that time everthing seems to be so difficult in terms of getting her any help. It is the fight of our life. They have changed my Mom's case manager about 5 times and they never seem to inform us. I guess I am looking for anyone that might have any advice for me.

Old 02-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

tfl HB User
Re: help

Quote:
Originally Posted by janalee View Post
Hi there,

My Mom had a stroke in August of 2008. Since that time everthing seems to be so difficult in terms of getting her any help. It is the fight of our life. They have changed my Mom's case manager about 5 times and they never seem to inform us. I guess I am looking for anyone that might have any advice for me.
This might not seem worth while to you right now, but start a journal of everything you do to get her help. Write down names and dates you talk to anyone involved in getting her help. Install a recorder on your phone and record any conversations involving her case. Eventually, you will run in to the right people to get her help and you'll be able to tell them all you have done to try and get her help. Also, these records will come in handy in court if you have to sue because of neglect. This is what I did when I fought for care for my daughter when she sustained a brain injury in an accident.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
(female)

Missused1983 HB User
Re: help

I guess with my role, I don't think you've answered any ?s that I would naturally ask when faced with a tough situation like this. Where is this case manager from? A state agency? Is your mom receiving social security or disability? Is your family financially stable for a private pay situation? Is your mom on medicaid/care?
What was the severity of the stroke? Does she have the ability to function on her own at all? Is she at home with you/others/on her own, or is she involved in a group setting? What are your mom's wishes? DNR status? is hospice an option? No, hospice is not a "place or organization to go to to die", I have seen them help MANY people. I guess if I could answers to those to start, I might be able to help you, if not I truly wish you the best.

Closed Thread