It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Caregivers Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2009, 01:24 PM   #1
(female)

AshBot HB User
borderline personality disorder

I am concerned about my mother and have been looking into some disorders to learn more about them. I came across BPD, borderline personality disorder, and the symptoms describe her very well. I don't know anything about her childhood, she won't tell us about it, so I don't know if something from that time could have helped cause the way she is now.

Who do I talk to about this ? &How can I get help for her ?

Anyone who doesn't know what BPD is, here is one of the pages I read about it. It gives symtoms, possible causes, treatments, etc:
[url]http://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/publications/borderline-personality-disorder-fact-sheet/index.shtml[/url]

Thanks !

Last edited by AshBot; 03-18-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2009, 01:37 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: borderline personality disorder

You can't get help for your mom so all you can do is just do the best you can. Your job as a daughter is to get on with your life and let mom decide what is best for her life. If you have a good relationship with mom you can discuss your concerns and ask if she has ever considered mental health counseling but also she might just need a good medical workup. Often times medical things can cause people to act like they need mental health care. So but you need to focus on you and getting through school and out of the house on your own. It is sad about mom but she is an adult and there are so many things that might be wrong or not wrong but none of us can actually do anything except to tell her how you feel. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #3
(female)

AshBot HB User

Thanks. I feel like I should do something though because I have three younger brothers who are all living with her....and so she doesn't take as good of care of them as she should. If they weren't there I wouldn't worry so much about it. But thank you again

Old 04-23-2009, 10:04 AM   #4
Veteran
(male)

reg12 HB User

Hi Ashbot,
There are several conditions that could cause that. Most of the symptoms would fit any of them, but they are different. She may not know about her childhood. That is symtoms of certain conditions.

Closed Thread